M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just a quick one guys what is TRE ??? and were can i find out more what it does or doesnt do :dontknow::a18:

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Hink i have looked does that mean to say it would give you a smoother ride up through the gears or what other benefits would it give me and are there any pit falls:dontknow::bigthumbsup: were can you get them?

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
Transcendental Retarded Emotions, my wife suffers from this affliction

·
Registered
3,367 Posts

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
Hello!

Regarding the TRE, I personally have the JSD-3M installed on my bike.

I originally had a complaint last year that I posted on here about my bike having "Surges" in the lower gears. I'd be cruising around between 20-50kph and the bike keeps on doing something that feels like its missing a beat while the engine is turning.

The forums recommendation to me was to get the TRE (I just picked the JSD-3M because it was the less expensive alternative, and so far I've had no problems with it!) and IMMEDIATELY after installing it, the bike was running like a completely different machine. I can now cruise as slowly as I want, or as carefully as I like during a turn because now it revs super smooth.

As for its other features like opening up the red line in 5th gear, I couldn't care less about that...

Good luck with your choice!! the TRE is a must have for this bike.

PS I also installed a Cobra Fi2000R on my bike and now it runs REALLY smooth especially in the higher gears at high speed. Its like a completely new bike! The JSD-3M and Cobra EFI appear to be working well together.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
who stocks the tre systems and how many different types are there :bigthumbsup: and were can i find prices

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Hello!

Regarding the TRE, I personally have the JSD-3M installed on my bike.

I originally had a complaint last year that I posted on here about my bike having "Surges" in the lower gears. I'd be cruising around between 20-50kph and the bike keeps on doing something that feels like its missing a beat while the engine is turning.

The forums recommendation to me was to get the TRE (I just picked the JSD-3M because it was the less expensive alternative, and so far I've had no problems with it!) and IMMEDIATELY after installing it, the bike was running like a completely different machine. I can now cruise as slowly as I want, or as carefully as I like during a turn because now it revs super smooth.

OH and if you have electronic assembly knowledge build you own TRE
As for its other features like opening up the red line in 5th gear, I couldn't care less about that...

Good luck with your choice!! the TRE is a must have for this bike.

PS I also installed a Cobra Fi2000R on my bike and now it runs REALLY smooth especially in the higher gears at high speed. Its like a completely new bike! The JSD-3M and Cobra EFI appear to be working well together.
:agree: That herky jerky feeling drove me crazy in town. It solved my problem.I also got a noticeable power improvement. I used to get caught in the rain very often so if you do ride in the rain with the TRE just take it easy starting off in 1st or in the lower gears as it will quickly spin the wheel. You get used to it pretty quick though.

Do invest in a fuel tuner as well if funds permit this will help the bike all around especially with a TRE.

If you have electronic knowledge you can build your own for pretty cheap.

http://www.m109riders.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97244&highlight=home+built+atre

1 - 12 of 12 Posts