M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I need to send the bolt that held on the tag holder that was mounted to the diff. So Is there something in there that will leak?? I'm going to have him ship me his plug but need to move the bike before I can get his plug. #34

·
Registered
838 Posts
I took that off and installed a different bolt when I installed my side mount plate. Nothing leaked out. I'm not sure there's anything in there.
To be safe while moving the bike, put a rag or something in there.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
there is your gear oil in there standin or pushing around the garage nothing should come out. just dont go down the road

·
Registered
913 Posts
#34 is a dummy hole. There is nothing in there but threads. You can remove it and ride down the road with out it. Thats what the DLP side mount attaches to.

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
I've heard it's a shock mount hole. I guess the hub is used on a few different applications, and one such application uses dual rear shocks from the fender struts to the hub and swingarm on either side.

-Josh

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
I've heard it's a shock mount hole. I guess the hub is used on a few different applications, and one such application uses dual rear shocks from the fender struts to the hub and swingarm on either side.

-Josh
You are so correct sir, This is the same hub as the c90 that uses shocks.no oil in there ,Gregg

·
Radio Active Member
27,670 Posts

-Josh
:agree: That is what I heard it was for. Just stick your finger in there and see if it bottoms out.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Ill bet take #35 off and shine a flashlight ineither hole it will shine thru. ive got the cover on mine so allitle hard to do. next time some one is changing thiers would be a good experiment. I could be wrong?

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
Ill bet take #35 off and shine a flashlight ineither hole it will shine thru. ive got the cover on mine so allitle hard to do. next time some one is changing thiers would be a good experiment. I could be wrong?
i believe he is talking about #34.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks Guys!! Makes me fell better about taking it out and sending it. Thanks again:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
got it windy should have said take off 34 and 35 and see if you can see the light through there. if you can oil can come out when leaving it off.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
got it windy should have said take off 34 and 35 and see if you can see the light through there. if you can oil can come out when leaving it off.
You will get no light or leakage between the space you can access with the dif oil fill and or drain plug and the part 34 at issue here.

It is a phantom shock bolt that is not used at all in our application.

I had bolt 34 out most of the winter and had the hub flipped every which way when I was polishing it.

The only place oil wanted to leak out was the overflow pinhole at the spline.

Run as long as you like with bolt 34 out, it is trim/ dressing and as functional as the tank badges.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts