M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm curious as to why there is so much activity on the classified board about the limited edition jacket. I have an xxl and am tempted to sell it. What's it worth? Should I sell it or keep it? What do you guys know about the production. Is the run over or are there more to come?

Doc

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
There will never be another one made is my understanding Doc, and as it was a limited run to begin with they are collectors items. I'll never sell the one I bought, already told my family it goes in the casket with me 8)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They probably are worth more than I thought then. Thanks for the info! I haven't even worn it yet. I usually wear textile. Much easier to cool down when the day gets hot.

Doc

·
Registered
890 Posts
DaltonH said:
There will never be another one made is my understanding Doc, and as it was a limited run to begin with they are collectors items. I'll never sell the one I bought, already told my family it goes in the casket with me 8)
You had to BUY yours? I got mine when I bought the bike, and everytime I wear it I get complements and "where can I get ones". I wouldn't sell mine either.

Devilish

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
Big Suzi said:
I'm curious as to why there is so much activity on the classified board about the limited edition jacket. I have an xxl and am tempted to sell it. What's it worth? Should I sell it or keep it? What do you guys know about the production. Is the run over or are there more to come?

Doc
I'll give you 50 bucks for it. ;)

G

·
I would've worn the crap out of mine but Suzuki's size chart blunder made that impossible. Therefore I sold it to someone who can actually wear it.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
I sold mine because I'm more of a function over form kinda guy. It didn't fit me like I wanted it to, it wasn't ventilated enough (except when it was cold and you didn't want ventilation). To me, it was a great looking jacket, and one I would love to wear on those poker runs and charity events, but I needed money to buy a real riding jacket, so I sold it. They seem to be selling for around $200, but I imagine if you bought it from Suzuki, you would pay close to $400 for it, just because Suzuki is quite proud of their products.

·
Registered
664 Posts
I bought mine on Ebay (bought the bike 2 weeks late to get a free one...) I paid $230.00 including shipping for a 5X.... if that helps...

·
Registered
956 Posts
Mine sold for $205 for an XL. The only reason I sold it because I already have a Boulevard Jacket from last year.

·
Registered
185 Posts
chadrob30 said:
I would've worn the crap out of mine but Suzuki's size chart blunder made that impossible. Therefore I sold it to someone who can actually wear it.
Thanks Chad . . still has that new leather smell ! ! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
890 Posts
Vetgasm said:
Mine sold for $205 for an XL. The only reason I sold it because I already have a Boulevard Jacket from last year.
Boulevard? :yikes:

Mine says "M109R" no Boulevard...anyone else say something different?

Devilish

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
DevilishEyes109 said:
You had to BUY yours? I got mine when I bought the bike, and everytime I wear it I get complements and "where can I get ones". I wouldn't sell mine either.

Devilish
I had to buy mine as I didn't manage to stop long enough to buy the bike until mid September. Lukily VTXOak had one in my size from when he bought his second bike to use a part swap bike for his painting business 8) Had to have the sleeve diameter reduced at the wrists as it was WAY too big there, but other than that fits like a glove. Have had the jacket since like June and it still smells like new leather also.. Probably helps that it spent 6 weeks hanging in a leather shop while I was out of town.

(and yes, I was a lurker for a long time... 450+ posts worth prior to purchase as a matter of fact :D )

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
DevilishEyes109 said:
Boulevard? :yikes:

Mine says "M109R" no Boulevard...anyone else say something different?

Devilish
Actually, there is a rubber emblem on the waist that does say Boulevard.. its shapped just like the tank emblems that are on the shelf in my work shop.. Only smaller

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
ppridgen1 said:
you made the blunder bro I got the right size the first time ......but then again , i clicked the size chart Icon and read the dimentions and weight table , instead of shooting into the dark blindly, hoping to hit something
In Chad's defense, he's not the only one on this board that have bi :edit: about size issues, even when getting the size suggested by the size chart. I always wear a large jacket, and the size chart indicated large was my correct size, yet the jacket was too loose on me and caused major wind buffeting.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
So just for reference if I run across one of these 109 Jackets ( I want one by the way) A Joe Rocket size 48 is what I wear and it fits awesome. I'm 6'1" 230 lbs, I wear x-large t-shirts and x-large regular shirts so will an X-large jacket be right, or a 2X, or should I drop down to just a large? In other words do they run way big or smaller.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
silveRRocket said:
So just for reference if I run across one of these 109 Jackets ( I want one by the way) A Joe Rocket size 48 is what I wear and it fits awesome. I'm 6'1" 230 lbs, I wear x-large t-shirts and x-large regular shirts so will an X-large jacket be right, or a 2X, or should I drop down to just a large? In other words do they run way big or smaller.
I'm 5'10" ~ 230 lbs also and wear an XL in a Joe Rocket Phoenix 4.0, the XXL is the exact same size as my Joe Rocket, other than not having nearly as much flexibility as a textile (which is normal for leather I suppose). So I'd shoot for a 2xl or perhaps a 3xl, 2xl might still be too short for you, it almost is for me.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
DaltonH said:
I'm 5'10" ~ 230 lbs also and wear an XL in a Joe Rocket Phoenix 4.0, the XXL is the exact same size as my Joe Rocket, other than not having nearly as much flexibility as a textile (which is normal for leather I suppose). So I'd shoot for a 2xl or perhaps a 3xl, 2xl might still be too short for you, it almost is for me.
:bigthumbsup: Thanks Dalton! BTW if that's your name, I have a good friend of mine that gave this name to his son, it's a unique, rarely used name in my opinion. If I would have been fortunate enough to have a son (3 daughters :confused:), the name Dalton would have been at the top of my list for name choices. Thanks again for your help.

·
Registered
584 Posts
silveRRocket said:
:bigthumbsup: Thanks Dalton! BTW if that's your name, I have a good friend of mine that gave this name to his son, it's a unique, rarely used name in my opinion. If I would have been fortunate enough to have a son (3 daughters :confused:), the name Dalton would have been at the top of my list for name choices. Thanks again for your help.
this is what I think of when I hear "Dalton".....;) :joke:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts