M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I have a relative looking to give an intercom system as a present. The bike owner has a 2010 Victory Crossroads (the one with the fairing, no the vision). Polaris wants $900 for their add on kit once you purchase both helmet speaker/mics. Anyway any recommendations? They are just looking to talk back and forth on the same bike.

Thanks

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
I have to listen to her at home...why would I want to listen to her on the road:eek:

:joke:

·
Registered
508 Posts
I just ordered the Blueant Interphone F4. It appears to be one of the latest ones available. I had to order 2 of them at around 189.00 ea. I read some good reviews on this one and hope to be trying it out by the weekend.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Scala Rider G4...

*Bluetooth Linked
*FM Radio
*Can have up to 4 linked togehter for full duplex conversations
*Can receive directions and other info from BT Compatible GPS Units
*will link via Bluetooth with your cell phone to answer and make calls via voice command if your phone supports it.
*External jack for MP3 Player
*If your GPS Unit plays MP3's. you can listen over the headset via Bluetooth
*If your phone plays MP3's (Treo, Blackberry, etc.) you can link via A2DP Proticol to listen through the headset

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,090 Posts
We have the Scala Rider Q2 Multiset. Works like the G4 but with less range. If they are just talking on the same bike, it can save them some money over the G4. And it's still good for at least 1/4 mile away.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Ive got a StarCom and really like it. tried the scala rider but it just didnt do as good for me and what i needed. the starcoms are wired into the bike but you can attach a ton of things to them and depending on the model you can have differant tune for rider and passenger. several people i ride with have gotten them also and we attach family channel radios to them for long trips so we can talk bike to bike.

http://www.spoiledbiker.com/starcomkits.html

·
Registered
448 Posts
I have the Scala Rider G4, and so far have been less than impressed! At highway speeds, okay, maybe a little more, there can be tons of static, especially in on windy days. The automatic transition from intercom to radio/blue-tooth etc. seems to never work like it's supposed to, and the customer service, while being a nice guy, had no better advice than to clean the contacts. I haven't spent a lot of time trying to work out the issues, and do use them mostly with my buddy on our sport bikes, which of course have a lot more wind around the helmet, but so far I'm less than impressed for the $400 we paid for a paired set!

·
Registered
319 Posts
I have a set of chatterbox xbi for my gf and I we love them

·
Registered
567 Posts
I have the Scala Rider G4, and so far have been less than impressed! At highway speeds, okay, maybe a little more, there can be tons of static, especially in on windy days. The automatic transition from intercom to radio/blue-tooth etc. seems to never work like it's supposed to, and the customer service, while being a nice guy, had no better advice than to clean the contacts. I haven't spent a lot of time trying to work out the issues, and do use them mostly with my buddy on our sport bikes, which of course have a lot more wind around the helmet, but so far I'm less than impressed for the $400 we paid for a paired set!
I read several reviews on the Scala product that sounded a lot like yours. I just ordered two of the F4s instead for $317. Don't quite have the range (1640 ft.) but all the reviewers rave about how everything works exactly as advertised. The two year warranty is nice too. I'll give my feedback and reveiw as soon as we get 'em and try 'em out.

·
Registered
624 Posts
I read several reviews on the Scala product that sounded a lot like yours. I just ordered two of the F4s instead for $317. Don't quite have the range (1640 ft.) but all the reviewers rave about how everything works exactly as advertised. The two year warranty is nice too. I'll give my feedback and reveiw as soon as we get 'em and try 'em out.
Mate the F4 is great!! i have the same one, volume goes up and down with wind speed which is great. Answer calls if you want to, or if the wife calls you can just ignore it ;).

·
Registered
185 Posts
Mate the F4 is great!! i have the same one, volume goes up and down with wind speed which is great. Answer calls if you want to, or if the wife calls you can just ignore it ;).
I use the Scala Rider Q2 Multiset as well. Love it! I don't need a lot of range since my wife is 2 feet away (so 500 meters is good) and anyone else I ride with either doesn't have a headset, or uses a different brand. I wished headsets in general were inter-brand compatible. RF is the way to go if you want range. I went with the Q2 because of the price mainly and it had all the functions I really need.

·
Registered
624 Posts
I use the Scala Rider Q2 Multiset as well. Love it! I don't need a lot of range since my wife is 2 feet away (so 500 meters is good) and anyone else I ride with either doesn't have a headset, or uses a different brand. I wished headsets in general were inter-brand compatible. RF is the way to go if you want range. I went with the Q2 because of the price mainly and it had all the functions I really need.
The F4 will pair to other brands via bluetooth, you just have to turn them on to pairing mode and then connect.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Good to know, Bigeh, thanks. Yeah the volume is another thing that swayed me toward the F4. A comparison review rated it the best in terms of overall volume and clarity. I know the reviews are somewhat subjective but any extra will help. Too many years of abusing my ears I guess...loud pipes and loud music. More volume is better :bigthumbsup:.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Good to know, Bigeh, thanks. Yeah the volume is another thing that swayed me toward the F4. A comparison review rated it the best in terms of overall volume and clarity. I know the reviews are somewhat subjective but any extra will help. Too many years of abusing my ears I guess...loud pipes and loud music. More volume is better :bigthumbsup:.
The other thing i like with the F4 is that it comes with 2 speakers/stereo, some of the others only have 1 speaker.

·
Registered
508 Posts
I just ordered the Blueant Interphone F4. It appears to be one of the latest ones available. I had to order 2 of them at around 189.00 ea. I read some good reviews on this one and hope to be trying it out by the weekend.
I recieved my F4s a couple of days ago. These are universal to fit any style helmet. They pair with each other as an intercom or any other bluetooth device (mp3, phone, gps). Very easy to operate and very loud if you need it to be. I am happy with them so far. :bigthumbsup:
http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcycle-intercoms/interphone-f4/

·
Registered
66 Posts
If you don't mind the wires , the Starcom Digital Advance is a fantastic unit . About 490.00 for the module and 2 headsets . Bluetooth protocol just isn't there yet . And NO bluetooth system with intercom has a replaceable battery . Starcom is wired to your bike battery . And for the record , crystal clear at 115 .

1 - 18 of 18 Posts