M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here is a closer pic of the hose. I just picked it up so it would not be dangling down towards the road. This end is still open now though, and not attached to anything on the bike...just tucked away. Should I be alarmed?

·
Registered
230 Posts
It's a vent hose... no need for alarm. :)

·
Registered
817 Posts
Most bikes have at least half a dozen open hoses pointing at the ground. This one on my M109R is concealed up into the cowl a little more, but it's normal.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Aussie109 said:
It's the radiator expansion bottle overflow pipe
OR
Could be from the Airconditioner ;)
Hey, this bike ain't no Gold Wig! :D

·
Registered
152 Posts
Get under there and sniff it. Then you'll at least know what it is!
Or cut it off a bit and it'll be out of sight--out of mind.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks much!

I'm not all too mechanically savy, but I figured it was something along those lines. ::)

Thanks again

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Decibles said:
Thanks much!

I'm not all too mechanically savy, but I figured it was something along those lines.  ::)

Thanks again
It's really the other end of a cathather you insert into your ____. This way you don't have to interupt long rides to stop at restrooms :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
398 Posts
bob109 said:
It's really the other end of a cathather you insert into your ____. This way you don't have to interupt long rides to stop at restrooms :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Now thats funny!!!! jejejeej

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
bob109 said:
hmmm.. not a half bad idea actually.. but then, you still gotta stop for gas....

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
DHandyman said:
hmmm.. not a half bad idea actually.. but then, you still gotta stop for gas....
Yes! This is true, but you can stay in the saddle when you fuel up and make a quick exit....like a Indy Pit Stop :D :D :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
38 Posts
I had the same problem. When bike was assembled ,they did not correctly route hose thru hole in bottom of rad cover. If you have service manual, the hose routing is avaiible.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
fl109 said:
I had the same problem. When bike was assembled ,they did not correctly route hose thru hole in bottom of rad cover. If you have service manual, the hose routing is avaiible.
On a serious note...thank you. I ordered my Service Manuel several weeks ago and still haven't received it yet. When I do, I'll check for the proper routing.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
L-Train said:
Should be coolant overflow. Have you had any other bikes?
That's what I was thinking.... but I would hate to think it's dumping excess coolant toward my rear tire :eek:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts