M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am happy with my ride but like all bikes, there are always some negatives...here are some of mine based on my first 900ish miles.

1. The headlight. Looks are fine, I actually like the looks but why in gods name does it MOVE? I notice mine move a good bit when I run a stint on the interstate. Also, it feels like cheapie plastic and not the 'regular' thicker plastic I am used to on previous rides, cruiser or not.

2. The speedo... I'm fine with its placement being on the tank but it should be tilted back a bit for ease of viewing. I don't like that it points straight up to the clouds and not back to the rider's eyes

3. I don't like the painted / not chromed necessities on the handlebar. I've had some wine so excuse me, but the thingie on the right..anyway, there is a gap in the middle of one of the pieces and it looks like it belongs on a cheap bike, not on anything costing over 8k or so. hiccup :joke:

4. They Harley-like CLUNK going into first. ... don't get me wrong, this bike doesn't need a snick snick sissy light click into gears but this is too much. My g/f can hear it while riding behind me on her bike haha

5. In stock form, the peg placement sucks IMO.. I fixed this by adding ISO wings but anyway, I still think it sucks in stock form, I had to think about keeping my right foot on the peg or it wouldn't stay on.

·
Registered
317 Posts
the headlight does move to much
the speedo should be angled more
the painted parts on the handlebars are nice painted cause they won't oxidize as quickly
sounds like the right switch box your talking about, you should not have a gap there
the clunk should be better, the harleys don't even clunk that bad
if you foot falls off the pegs then you have drinked too many drunks

·
Registered
350 Posts
I find that my legs get rellay tired after about 30 minutes of 80+ mph riding.  Almost like something is trying to spread my legs as I try to force them together.  It's weird, anyone else get this?  Also, I am finding that all the attention this bike attracts is rediculous!  I mean don't these people have anything better to do with their time?  My buddy and I made five stops today and within 60 seconds at each I was inundated by gawkers.  Anyone else get this?  ::)  I almost feel bad for my Bud with his brand new VTX 1300 that gets nothing.  NOT!  :a20:

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
I would be real happy to have a digital speedo in with the tach :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Something I noticed during my test ride was the position of the rear brake pedal. Its location was such that I had to place my right foot on the peg at an outward angle to keep it from resting on, and putting pressure on the brake. Is the position of the pedal adjustable? If so, it could be moved down so the foot could rest squarely on the peg. That would be more comfortable.

·
Registered
443 Posts
The brake is easily adjusted by removing the little bolt that holds the arm on the splined shaft (pivot point) and sliding the arm off. Then reposition it at the angle that suits you.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
veezer said:
The brake is easily adjusted by removing the little bolt that holds the arm on the splined shaft (pivot point) and sliding the arm off. Then reposition it at the angle that suits you.
Thats what I did with mine , after a small arguement with the return spring all was good :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
443 Posts
Bonehead, did you loosen the bolts that hold the foot peg bracket? I found it made access to adjust the arm a little easier. :clap2:

·
Registered
135 Posts
If you are adjusting the rear brake pedal by moving it on the spine, it might be a good idea to follow the manual and make sure that the rear brake light switch is working right. Procedure is on page 7-27 of owners manual. :cop: :cop:

·
Registered
166 Posts
dynamos2000 said:
I am happy with my ride but like all bikes, there are always some negatives...here are some of mine based on my first 900ish miles.

1. The headlight. Looks are fine, I actually like the looks but why in gods name does it MOVE? I notice mine move a good bit when I run a stint on the interstate. Also, it feels like cheapie plastic and not the 'regular' thicker plastic I am used to on previous rides, cruiser or not.

2. The speedo... I'm fine with its placement being on the tank but it should be tilted back a bit for ease of viewing. I don't like that it points straight up to the clouds and not back to the rider's eyes

3. I don't like the painted / not chromed necessities on the handlebar. I've had some wine so excuse me, but the thingie on the right..anyway, there is a gap in the middle of one of the pieces and it looks like it belongs on a cheap bike, not on anything costing over 8k or so. hiccup :joke:

4. They Harley-like CLUNK going into first. ... don't get me wrong, this bike doesn't need a snick snick sissy light click into gears but this is too much. My g/f can hear it while riding behind me on her bike haha

5. In stock form, the peg placement sucks IMO.. I fixed this by adding ISO wings but anyway, I still think it sucks in stock form, I had to think about keeping my right foot on the peg or it wouldn't stay on.
1) +1
2) I got used to reading the one on my C50T, this one is a little better
3) I take it with a grain of salt, they put the money in the technology and cut a few corners to keep the price down?
4) ++1
5) This one works for me, although I am looking at floorboards, kind of got used to them!

In addition, I think it would be a hoot to see any average Japanese man ride this bike, they must like leaning forward, had to move the bars up, it does make a difference!

·
Registered
248 Posts
As for the rear brake. You can bend it toward the bike which raises it enough to put your foot under it. Made a world of difference. Be careful till you get used to getting to the brake Takes a few hundred miles. Moving it one or 2 splines forward will also help. Probably will do thay also.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
i've heard that about the headlight a lot. mine doesn't move a bit. guess i got lucky or something.

·
Registered
386 Posts
bboydtx said:
As for the rear brake. You can bend it toward the bike which raises it enough to put your foot under it. Made a world of difference. Be careful till you get used to getting to the brake Takes a few hundred miles. Moving it one or 2 splines forward will also help. Probably will do thay also.
moved it months ago and it made a good bit of difference. Thanks for bringing my post back from the dead

·
Registered
6,343 Posts
phaed said:
i've heard that about the headlight a lot. mine doesn't move a bit. guess i got lucky or something.
Mine doesnt move either...

I am thinking those of you with this issue may want to see if something is loose...

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
well, there's 3 places that hold the nacelle shell on each side. the bolt, the plastic "damnit", and a lip that clicks in. then there's also at least 2 rubber spike / hole things (maybe more, don't remember) on the inside. that's quite a bit of stuff to line up. if ya miss one or don't do it right, it might get loose.

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
cbxer55 said:
hiccup, could be they've drinked too many drunks! :joke:
Mine does not move either. :D
Actually, with 2800 miles on mine, the only thing I don't
like about mine is I cannot ride it for the forseeable future! :eek:
Everything is covered in too much SNOW! :barf:
And its still coming down like cats and dogs. :eek:

Robert Hill
yeah you guys got it good today. I woke up at 5pm to go into work and flipped on the weather and OK was covered on the radar by snow! the worst we got was up around the red river. just south here in the DFW area things are good, not much if any accumulation just cold ass weather. hope you guys thaw out soon, I know how I get after being off the bike a few days....... :verymad:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts