M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night when I got home my house air conditioner wasn't working. So I had to do a little temporary repair to make it thru the night until I can get the part today.

This morning I walk out the door to come to the office and its 50 degrees and I am not really dressed for that but I am too lazy to go back in the house and change shirts.

So where did this stuff come from? It was 90 degrees at 6PM yesterday.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
50 degrees? Bah! It was 32 degrees this morning for my 35 mile commute to work... :p I was expecting it though, and dressed accordingly.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Damn, I rode 3 blocks last night in 60 degree weather and thought I was freezing my boys off.. and the speed limit was less than 50 the whole way (not that I was particularly paying attention, new tank bag blocks my view of the speedometer officer 8) ) :D :D

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Frost here in ATL overnight too. high of 55 today. I actually enjoy it a little cooler but I need new gloves...

Sledzep

P.S. Sounds like a great day in Florida JR... but I would not trade it for the summer temps.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Hard frost on the windshield of my cage when I got in to come to work this morning. As I recall...we're hoping to get over 40 for a high today. Man...I love Illinois weather...LOL
At least we don't have hurricanes here...

·
Registered
273 Posts
Hal, from what you are describing it sounds like your repair is air conditioning the outside of your home instead of the inside. You know the environmentalists are going to looove you for single handedly solving the global warming problem we were having here in the U.S. Keep up the good work!! Oh and see if you can't try to repair some other things in the next week, like say, hunger or poverty or how about a repair for some diseases. :D :D

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Hal,

I can't wait for the cold weather to hit down here in Fla. (cold being anything under 65 degrees) because then we can wear  our leather gear and not sweat our azzes off. 

Oh yes and our engines seem to respond better to  the cold air .

·
Registered
296 Posts
Absolutely beautiful here in Houston, 70 or so and just light clouds........perfect riding weather....... :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Shriker said:
Absolutely beautiful here in Houston, 70 or so and just light clouds........perfect riding weather....... :bigthumbsup:
And then the thunderstorm rolled in an ruined his day like it did mine 8) hehe :joke:

·
Registered
22 Posts
I was at an Aerosmith/Motley Crue concert last night here in Raleigh, NC and it was 33 degrees. It gets pretty durn cold standing outside in that for four or five hours. And to think that I questioned why my wife was bringing some blankets.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I agree with Ramskat. Must be a severe case of atmospherical weather inversion. Flip the roof and spin the walls. you'll be alright.

Rode to work yesterday @ 21 deg. F. Glad it was only an 8 mile ride.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Yeah JR, Tommy was a wild man as you might expect. He had to pause for a while and was talking to the audience saying that he broke his sh*t and had to get the technician to fix it. The Crue had a better stage setup (Girls scantily clad in hanging cages, etc.) but I enjoyed Aerosmith's music better.

·
Registered
330 Posts
50 degrees right now here in idaho. expecting snow in the morning they say. and rain. i guess im taking the jeep in the morning.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
started to ride to work yesterday on the bike...got about 1 block before i turned around and got my cold weather gear and headed back out. hope it's not the beginning of the end.

·
Registered
168 Posts
:edit: mumble grumble friggin cold weather grumble mumble I might not be able too ride much till May or so :( :eek: :yikes: :beer3: :swear: :beer2: Oh well happens every year ,so back to drinkin' I guess. Also how long do riser blocks take to ship to MB Canada????? Gotta have been 3 weeks at least since I ordered 'em......hmmm.
Dave

1 - 20 of 27 Posts