M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hear good things about the Suzuki gel seat and want one. I am 5'9", so what would you guys that already have one recommend I go for here..........full cut or normal?

Cheers

-N

·
Registered
665 Posts
How does the stock seat fit ya? The full cut is for getting more leg distance to the pegs.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
I got the regulare cut and it moved me forward. I like the old position better but I am a couple of inches taller than you. If the pegs feel like a reach now go with the regular cut. If anyone has a full cut and wants to trade let me know. I have about 100 miles on mine. I love it but want to move back further.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I get the feeling that the Gel seats are as follows:

1) Full Cut is 2-3" further back then the Standard GEL seat, not the stock seat as I had expected
2) Standard Gel seat is thicker then the stock seat and would move you forward (almost like they put a gel pack on top of a standard seat)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Felix T Cat said:
I get the feeling that the Gel seats are as follows:

1) Full Cut is 2-3" further back then the Standard GEL seat, not the stock seat as I had expected
2) Standard Gel seat is thicker then the stock seat and would move you forward (almost like they put a gel pack on top of a standard seat)
Thanks. Very useful info. I think I am going to opt for the full cut. If I'm not happy with that I'll send my stock seat to Sargent for a custom make.
I have sargent on one of my sportbikes and woth that I have learned that a firmer seat can be a lot more comfy thahn a soft seat :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
355 Posts
I have the full cut seat and I am about 5 ft 7. I like the full cut cause it allows me more choice of riding position. I can move forward if I want to and if I need to stretch out I can slide back in the seat and straighten my legs. That is my experience, hope it helps.!!

Bullie

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bullie said:
I have the full cut seat and I am about 5 ft 7. I like the full cut cause it allows me more choice of riding position. I can move forward if I want to and if I need to stretch out I can slide back in the seat and straighten my legs. That is my experience, hope it helps.!!

Bullie
Thanks that should confirm what I was thinking, that the larger seat would allow you your movemnet which is good. Thanks :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
vtxoak said:
I got the regulare cut and it moved me forward. I like the old position better but I am a couple of inches taller than you. If the pegs feel like a reach now go with the regular cut. If anyone has a full cut and wants to trade let me know. I have about 100 miles on mine. I love it but want to move back further.
vtxoak - I'm 5' 6 1/2" and have been thinking seriously about getting a regular cut gel seat. I'm always trying to push myself forward on the stock seat, although I find it comfortable enough. How about sending me your ship to address, I'll purchase a full cut and have it drop shipped to you, and you can ship me your regular cut gel seat?

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
jazzman said:
vtxoak - I'm 5' 6 1/2" and have been thinking seriously about getting a regular cut gel seat. I'm always trying to push myself forward on the stock seat, although I find it comfortable enough. How about sending me your ship to address, I'll purchase a full cut and have it drop shipped to you, and you can ship me your regular cut gel seat?
Jazz, If you like we can swap seats for a few miles on friday. I have the full cut if you want to try it out. BUT If you are already trying to move forward i am guessing the regular one will be best for you.

Sledzep

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
sledzep01 said:
Jazz, If you like we can swap seats for a few miles on friday. I have the full cut if you want to try it out. BUT If you are already trying to move forward i am guessing the regular one will be best for you.

Sledzep
Wouldn't mind riding your full cut gel for a few miles just for a comparison. When we ride up to the BBQ. Thx Sled!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts