M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, Coming from a sportbike I always wear helmet, gloves and mesh jacket but after the 90+ days last weekend I started questioning the jacket (full face helmet will never go away). On the sportbike it's no question but I also ride much more agressively on the sport then I do the 109.

Have any of you ex or even current sportbikers dropped some of your gear after moving to the 109 ?

·
Very Active Member
5,784 Posts
Jeans, tshirt, boots, Icon gloves, HJC full face helmet (blk and chrome, just like the bike) and 109 jacket if its under 80º

·
Registered
752 Posts
Came from several sportbikes.

On freeway jacket, boots, full gauntlet gloves, full face helmet

Around town shorty gloves full fingered, boots, jeans, t-shirt, half helmet

·
Registered
181 Posts
Felix T Cat said:
Ok, Coming from a sportbike I always wear helmet, gloves and mesh jacket but after the 90+ days last weekend I started questioning the jacket (full face helmet will never go away). On the sportbike it's no question but I also ride much more agressively on the sport then I do the 109.

Have any of you ex or even current sportbikers dropped some of your gear after moving to the 109 ?
Yup. I still own an 06 CBR1000RR where it's AGATT when I'm ripping the twisties- which gets rather hot here in Florida.

But on the 109, I wear a half helmet, shades, jeans, boots, and a huge ear to ear grin :doorag:

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Allways, full face, Perforated leather jacket, gloves, jeans. I ahve done sneakers instead of boots but not often.

I would rather sweat thatn bleed. Especially since if you are hurt you cant ride!

PS I would wear a textile Perf jacket but they only make my size in black (I keep checking) and I figure if its black it still wonnt be any cooler than the leather with holes in it once I am moving.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I came from a zx6r, road riding and a half dozen track days. I wear helmet, gloves, boots, jacket and draggin' jeans. The jeans are reinforced with kevlar in the @ss, hip and knee area. My wife totalled her bike last year, drunk driver pulled out in front of her. She slid for just 30 feet. Tore the hell out of her leather pants, but no skin loss. All depends on how much you like your skin. Its not a matter of if you'll crash, just when :eek:

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
i try to wear gloves, jacket, boots. the jacket is gettin tough though, the hotter it gets.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Joe Rocket armoured jacket, full-face helmet, foam-sheilded shades, over-the-ankle boots. Rarely wear gloves unless it's cold out, or I'm going to/from an MSF class (teachers gotta wear all the gear when representin').

·
Registered
267 Posts
Coming from a CBR1100XX I used to wear a full helmet and jacket. For the 109, I just ordered an Icon Super Duty jacket. It is a breathable denim/cotton type jacket with removeable liner and removeable leather sleeves. I think it is really comfortable and very versatile.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Felix T Cat said:
Ok, Coming from a sportbike I always wear helmet, gloves and mesh jacket but after the 90+ days last weekend I started questioning the jacket (full face helmet will never go away). On the sportbike it's no question but I also ride much more agressively on the sport then I do the 109.

I ALWAYS wear a helmet. Seems i'm the only one in all of S Florida that does though. I was at Ft Lauderdale Beach yesterday. Had to be 2000 motorcycles cruising. I think I saw 1 other helmet. Guys had their GF's on the back with no helmet. I can't imagine the guilt I would feel if something happened to a girl I was responsible for and I didn't have put a helmet on. Come one guys use your head (pun intended). I'm pretty slack on my other gear and none of it matches. Bright red helmet, Black bike, Joe Rocket, Honda Racing jacket. I only wear the helmet, wear shorts, t-shirt, and sneakers on the bikes most of the time. I can deal with road rash (had it) and a broken bones (tons), but I want my teeth, my brains and the ability to get back on a bike after a fall. All things that can be saved with a quality full face. I'd rather not be a vegetable because I was too concerned about looking cool to not wear a helmet. I can still get laid if I wear a helmet because I'm a god damned stud! :joke:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Rice Burner said:
Yup. I still own an 06 CBR1000RR where it's AGATT when I'm ripping the twisties- which gets rather hot here in Florida.

But on the 109, I wear a half helmet, shades, jeans, boots, and a huge ear to ear grin :doorag:
Hey! We have the exact same bikes. 06 Blade, 06 109R. Is your CBR red? If so that's just freaky. Same state, same bikes, same colors.

I still can't decide which is more fun to ride, though the comments I get on the Zook are like 10-1.

Stay Safe! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Always wear half helmut, long pants, boots over the ankle, long sleeved shirt (prevents skin cancer). And jacket if under 90 degrees. Also gloves. Totaled my Kawasaki 1600 cc Meanstreak last summer; no road rash except for knees. Broke my ankle, shoulder, tore my lip (17 stitches), and loosened my teeth. Just a matter of time.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Full face in hot or cold. Summer jacket is a Joe Rocket mesh type and winter I wear leather. :)

·
Registered
181 Posts
muahman said:
Hey! We have the exact same bikes. 06 Blade, 06 109R. Is your CBR red? If so that's just freaky. Same state, same bikes, same colors.
I still can't decide which is more fun to ride, though the comments I get on the Zook are like 10-1.
Stay Safe! :bigthumbsup:
What's up cool. I've seen you on 1000RR.net. No way I'd get the red 1000RR when everyone knows that the Blue/Yellow are the fastest :D How long you had the M109R, I just got mine last Saturday. Both are a blast to ride, but the 109 is an all day bike if you want to ride that long, while the crotch rocket is good for about 4 hours of some high speed riding on a saturday or Sunday AM run.

I've been getting tons of complements while I'm riding the Zuk :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
muahman said:
I ALWAYS wear a helmet. Seems i'm the only one in all of S Florida that does though. I was at Ft Lauderdale Beach yesterday. Had to be 2000 motorcycles cruising. I think I saw 1 other helmet. Guys had their GF's on the back with no helmet. I can't imagine the guilt I would feel if something happened to a girl I was responsible for and I didn't have put a helmet on. Come one guys use your head (pun intended). I'm pretty slack on my other gear and none of it matches. Bright red helmet, Black bike, Joe Rocket, Honda Racing jacket. I only wear the helmet, wear shorts, t-shirt, and sneakers on the bikes most of the time. I can deal with road rash (had it) and a broken bones (tons), but I want my teeth, my brains and the ability to get back on a bike after a fall. All things that can be saved with a quality full face. I'd rather not be a vegetable because I was too concerned about looking cool to not wear a helmet. I can still get laid if I wear a helmet because I'm a god damned stud! :joke:
I fully agree, except for the girl on the back... If you marry her, then make her your EX you will feel no guilt :joke:

·
Registered
152 Posts
I'm coming off a ZX12R, I switched from a full face to a shorty, still wear boots, jeans and gloves. Jackets very from heavy leather, light textile to mesh and on real hot days no jacket.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts