M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I am looking for and exhaust that sounds awesome and looks great. I know that is what everyone wants. I have looked at all of them and just can't make up my mind. I really like the cobra swepts, but not sold. I would also love to hear a sound clip of the hard krome dual radius, but I can't find one. Can anyone help me with that. Here is my question to all of you. what is your favorite exhaust for the 9er??? I need some good opinions. thanks.

·
Registered
55 Posts
PIPES

Just had HK sideburners installed with PC 111 dyno jet. Sounds BADASS and response makes it totally different bike. Oh yeah, and LOUD. :D

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Im partial to the side burners Love them and they are LOUD and make 9 sound like no other bike!! I`ve had alot of complements on my side burners

·
Registered
204 Posts
I'm partial to the Raw Performance pipe for obvious reasons. Looks good, sounds freakin awesome, and has definitely added some kick in the arse. I rode with a bunch of HD guys last week, one of which has a soft tail somethin' somthin' screaming eagle this and that, stage 74 whatever:dontknow:, anyway it was supposed to be all bad ass. Well after three stop and go thumpings, all he could say was "that thing just sounds evil". And he dutifully sat in the back of the pack the rest of the night. Thank you, and please....tell your friends. It was a pretty bike though.... all shiny and stuff. :D

Can't really comment on anything else, other than the Sideburners. Have rode with a 109 that had them, and if I didn't go Raw I would probably go that route. Sounds pretty good.

Raw Performance. Love it. :bigthumbsup:

(don't order it unless you're willing to wait for it. Took about 10 weeks to get mine)

·
Radio Active Member
27,669 Posts
Why not come to the Mid Atlantic Meet in June and see and hear about every pipe made. :dontknow:

·
Registered
96 Posts
Raw Performance. Love it. :bigthumbsup:

(don't order it unless you're willing to wait for it. Took about 10 weeks to get mine)
I'm waiting on mine now :evil:

Got the PC III and the JSD. Still haven't decided on the intake yet:dontknow:. Might go with Gman stealth if he has them available soon.:-\

·
Registered
250 Posts
BMS REPEAT OFFENDER SLASH CUT EXHAUST

BMS CHOPPERS REPEAT OFFENDER SLASH CUT EXHAUST:
Loud? Oh yeah. They have a great custom look, but get the fuel management too, mine are blueing. Other than that, they are great. You can get them with a black powder coat instead of chrome too.

Enjoy,
Polartek

·
Registered
5,562 Posts
i am a looks kinda guy.....SO what ever you think looks good... They all sound pretty bad azz so you wont go wrong there ....... IMHO

·
Registered
152 Posts
i just got my bike and quickly got the roadburner velocity pro. 2 into 1 which i like, sound is exactly what i was looking for.

little rumble at idle, you know something is different from stock, but not crazy. crack the throttle and it RIPS! steady throttle its deep throaty tone is noticed, but not annoying.

imo of course

·
Registered
64 Posts
V&H long shots with modded baffles here, for now. It's a bit harder to get the range of pipes down under.

Hopefully in August I'll have a set of hand built stainless headers and collector, mated to a big Arrow muffler. I'm on the 'Spawn' waiting list.

End of the day, get the pipes you like.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
i just got my bike and quickly got the roadburner velocity pro. 2 into 1 which i like, sound is exactly what i was looking for.

little rumble at idle, you know something is different from stock, but not crazy. crack the throttle and it RIPS! steady throttle its deep throaty tone is noticed, but not annoying.

imo of course
:agree::agree:well said. these pipes are a complete package.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
I have the Sideburner, killer sound and looks. Some of the guys have taken a few inches off of them. I think it looks a lot better shorter.
:agree:I took about 7 inches off of mine and it sounds just a little more mean and nasty now. I love the looks of it so much better now.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hard krome Sideburner exhaust with Power Commander III and your bike will make a bold statement anywhere and any place! I just bought and installed mine about a month ago and was a little skeptical about the noise factor, but all in all it's all a personal preference. I listened to a few on you tube but could not make up my mind until i ran into a 9er with the same exhaust..... that sealed the deal! That's my advice before you spend a good amount of money on a new exhaust, I strongly recomend you listen to it in person on someone elses identical bike and then make your decision.

Good luck

1 - 20 of 34 Posts