M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm picking up my bike this weekend and will promptly tear it down and do all the finishing touches. Biker2000 has committed to doing a writeup and photo shoot on the bike. I have one other mag that may run it too so I want it to represent the 109 well. :doorag: This is what I'll still need to get done.
Blackout Frontend
Polish all alumn. parts
Custom Bars by Lamonster
New Brake Lines and cables
New foot controls
New seat????
Pipes????
Wheels???

Not sure what to do about the seat and the pipes yet but I'm really up in the air about the wheels. ::)
I love the Replacator wheels that are on Hal's bike now but we also have RC and EgoTripp wheels available to us. I could have a custom set made but I would like a wheel that we are going to sell on my bike. Right now I'm leaning toward the EgoTripp and the Replacator.

What wheels do you guys like the best?

:Click: Unpolished Front Replacator
:Click: Polished Rear Replacator
:Click: Polished Rear Replacator2

:Click: RC Wheels for the 109

:Click: Ego Tripp Wheels for the 109

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I like the polished replicators and the Ego Trip Grand Nationals, although for some reason the Santiago and the Scimitar from Ego also catch my eye.
In the RC's I like the Predator and the Wizard

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
DaltonH said:
I like the polished replicators and the Ego Trip Grand Nationals, although for some reason the Santiago and the Scimitar from Ego also catch my eye.
In the RC's I like the Predator and the Wizard
I like those and the Twisted Metal. It has a little bit of a stock look to it. :doorag:
http://www.egotrippwheels.com/_images/Twisted_Metal.JPG

·
Registered
267 Posts
How about black powder coated smoothies? Or the Santiagos with the "spokes" powdered black, kind of like the Honda Rune wheels.

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
montoya32 said:
How about black powder coated smoothies? Or the Santiagos with the "spokes" powdered black, kind of like the Honda Rune wheels.
I love the look of a black wheel but they don't look right once you get the tire on, not enough contrast. Now if you could do the inside in black and the edges in alum. you would have something. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
664 Posts
I love that dusold rear wheel.. it doesn't show a matching front.. but if they had it I would love to have those... i think those would be a real show stopper....
The other ones I really like are the Mercury....

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
IMO opinion, the polished replacators are the ones. I also love the Twisted metal or the Immortal. Good luck on your benefit and ours! Put on a good showing!

·
Very Active Member
5,784 Posts
on the feature page of the ego trip site they have the Santiago wheels that are on an orange bike. Wheels are chrome with orange insets. Could they do that for you with black inserts?

·
Registered
386 Posts
I like the polished Replicator or the Ego Trip Santiago which is the style of the Amaerican Racing Muscle Car wheel. As this is a Muscle Bike, I think it would suit it.

·
Registered
6,343 Posts
I like the Ego Grand Nationals (Front and Rear) and the Scimitar Front with DuSold or Grand National Rear

On the RC's I think the Ballistic and the Warlock both look pretty sharp.

Unfortunately I think the exhaust plays a pretty important part in the overall look and choice in rims...

You have any ideas on the exhaust your going to use for the shoot yet?

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
205 Posts
That is the bike I was hoping for, but Suzuki beat Honda to the punch. I wonder how JR's exhaust would look with a triangular can.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I gotta give Honda props on that VTX concept.. If it was out the same time as the 109 and had the same look I'd might possibly be riding one of them right now.. Awesome looking bike.

·
Registered
890 Posts
I agree on the dual setup pipes. I wish they someone...anyone would come out with something like that...If that happens I'll change my exaust. Until then I believe I'll stay stock, but some of the 2 into 1's Ive seen on here have me wavering :bigthumbsup:

Devilish

·
Registered
35 Posts
You dudes are makin my head swell. I'm gonna have to go home, look in the mirror, and spank my monkey. LOL Maybe change my name to NARCISSUS. HA!!!! Hope my Wife don't see this....

Greg

·
Registered
296 Posts
1 - 20 of 25 Posts