M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to Bushtech tomorrow and do a little welding for Andy while they put a hitch on my bike. I think this is going to work out well.
By the way it looks like Ron A. is going to make it now. :bigthumbsup:

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Throttle lock- check
GPS/MP3- check
Backrest- check
Removable rack- check
Mod brake peddle- check

As soon as the hitch is on I'm ready to roll :bigthumbsup: :doorag: Man I can't wait. :D

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lawdog said:
Come on Monster... what's the scoop on the backrest??? I've got a bad back (2 herniated discs) and I need some good back support. What give's with the backrest??

lawdog
The pad gives a little but not too much. :joke:

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
J R said:
I have never towed with a bike before.Can you go very fast with a trailer or does it strat fish taling if you go very fast ? Just curious ?
I have a good friend that use to tow a trailer with his blown Valkyrie and he would run well over 100 mph all the time with no problem. You just have to load the trailer right. :doorag:

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
lawdog said:
It looks like there is an adjustment hinge that could swing out (toward the driver) and take up some extra space so that your back makes good contact with it.
Yes, it's like just about every other backrest out there. Right now I have it so it feels pretty good with a t-shirt on but I can still move it back if I have a heavy jacket on.

Right now this is a one off part but I'm going to have another guy look at it and see if he can come up with a better way to do it. It works great but it takes too much work to sell it for what I would need to get for it now. I'm sure we can come up with something later for you. :doorag:

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
MDBlvd109 said:
A lot of trailers have suggested speed maximums so check that if you buy/use one. I have one that goes about 80 before I feel a little vibration. That's fast enough anyway, but it doesn't fish at all.
I will more than likely keep it under 90 with the trailer on. This is the first trailer I have towed so it should be an experience. ::)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Nice looking backrest. Let me know when they are going to be offered.

What GPS and mount are you using? I have a magellen 700.....know of any mounts for MC available for it?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Hello to all, just picked mine up last Wed (bike that is).. Put 750 miles on it, one way trip was 367 miles. Up in the hills of Maine. I sure could of used that back rest. Looks pretty good. Gotta wash the 15 lbs. of dead bugs off the bike!

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
sailor34957 said:
Nice looking backrest. Let me know when they are going to be offered.

What GPS and mount are you using? I have a magellen 700.....know of any mounts for MC available for it?
I have the iWay 550 and I used a Kury clamp for my 1.5" bars and I made my own mounting plate out of 1/4" steel. Today was the first time I got to test everything on a 200+ mile trip and it worked great. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
844 Posts
Where'd ya git the bungee buttons??

G

·
Lamont, are you going with a Bushtec Trailer? If so, you will be pleased. I have had one for 4 years now and have always been happy with it. You never even know it is behind you. The air suspension is great and it will not hop behind you, it just tracks smoothly. I would love to see one hooked up to the 109.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts