M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in Pittsburgh, Pa and I was just asking you guys that live in the winter states what you do to winterize your bike.
I just broke 1000 miles and man that bike (silver the fastest color) moves. It is a shame that I don't have a windshield so that my head wouldn't bobble around like one of those bobble head dolls..

·
Registered
665 Posts
When I'm not riding my bike,I leave it as is. Then I start it up about once per month. Works well,and if you get a odd day during winter where it warms up,your ready for a quick spin. :D

·
Registered
898 Posts
Ron S said:
When I'm not riding my bike,I leave it as is. Then I start it up about once per month. Works well,and if you get a odd day during winter where it warms up,your ready for a quick spin. :D
+1

khrome

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Ron S said:
+1 .................. we just got to watch out for those piles of sand since they seen to think the more sand the better on the roads around here . They don't worry about plowing the snow, they just let it pack down and then throw some sand on it :realmad:

·
Registered
890 Posts
We haven't had a winter here in the south central part of New Mexico in years...so if you "Northerners" need a place to ride... :D

It might get a tad bit nippy... a bad day is frost in the morning 60 degrees by noon...so we can usually ride the better part of the year. Who has time to winterize...hahahha...oops y'alls season is coming to an end...so sorry

Devilish
(now you know one reason why I got the the name) :evil:

·
Registered
665 Posts
Naw! It's just getting GOOD now! At least two months of good riding weather here. :D

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Ron S said:
Naw! It's just getting GOOD now! At least two months of good riding weather here. :D
Or maybe close to 3 if I get the gear I want in time (which I doubt will happen ;) ) :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
665 Posts
Bonehead,your right on about the sand! I laid down a Intruder 1400,on Willow St. Going to the dealers for it's first service check. A ambulance was comming across the intersection,and I pretty much knew he wasn't going to stop(I had the green light). I had to use the front brake to try to get stopped,and down she went. Man I was Pi$$ed :mad:. My wife was following me and just chuckled. I told her that those guy's had better not be "just in a hurry to go to lunch". Broke the clutch lever,left footpeg,and right front turn signal!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Stipetich said:
I live in Pittsburgh, Pa and I was just asking you guys that live in the winter states what you do to winterize your bike.Â
Garage it. Mod it. Take her for a spin if there's a nice day.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Ron S said:
+1

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
I can't remember a week go by where I didn't ride my bike at least once last winter. My older M50 that is. Of course I live in Atlanta, GA. Not too bad down here most of the time.

·
Registered
350 Posts
About mid October I'll drain the summer air out of my tires and replace it with winter air. Then I'm good to go until about March :joke:.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Too many moderate days through the winter here in SD. Only have to watch out for the over use of sand/salt. Rapid City like to abuse the "solar plow" too much as well.

·
Registered
770 Posts
I put it on a battery tender and put stabil fuel in it.. I do not start it every now and then because it does not get all the moisture out of the oil and I was told at Harley land when I worked there that its breaks down the oil.. I will ride it if I can put some miles on it and there is no salt.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts