M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
crazytank7 said:
Looking very good how do you like the exhaust and where at in MO are you located?
keep it up.
Eric. :bigthumbsup:
Thanks Man, I live in the Kansas City area. Lee's Summit to be exact.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
khrome13 said:
Pretty cool :bigthumbsup: who's plate mount did you use?

khrome
I used the Harley Davidson mount (forget the name) Cost about $185, and I mounted it upside down so it cleared the wheel. Had to take the bracket off the axle and have it machine down a bit to get it to fit.

·
Registered
664 Posts
:bigthumbsup:

Lookin good... love the plate mount, pegs, like the placement you choice for the rear turn signals...

Only question i have.. do ya ever plan on running saddles on it? (i guess you could always try to use something like what big joe had)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Moonbaby said:
:bigthumbsup:

Lookin good... love the plate mount, pegs, like the placement you choice for the rear turn signals...

Only question i have.. do ya ever plan on running saddles on it? (i guess you could always try to use something like what big joe had)
I am not going to put bags on it. I want to try and keep the drag bike look/feel. When I take trips, I'm going to get that corbin seat set up w/ backrest. I will use a bed roll type bag that fits over the back rest and rests on the back seat (and will also help the lower back on long trips).

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
crazytank7 said:
Looking very good how do you like the exhaust and where at in MO are you located?
keep it up.
Eric. :bigthumbsup:
Oh yeah, regarding the exhaust, I really like it. Sounds good (to me). One thing to note, I had the bike shop (because I don't have the tools) cut the chrome piece to wrap around the new exhaust. Otherwise, you just have to leave it off and expose a big hole in the side of the bike.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
jamiesM109R said:
:bigthumbsup:Â now get rid of the reflectors
hmmm, that's a good call. I think I may need to do that. I debadged it this weekend. I was a bit surprised at what a difference it made. It was really easy to do as well.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Are those Kuryakyn small silver bullets? LED's, right? Did you have to get special bolts to mount them in the fender strut holes like that? And is that license mount facing rearwards enough to be legal? It looks like it points towards the sky more than to the rear. Good job!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
BlackCherry said:
Are those Kuryakyn small silver bullets? LED's, right? Did you have to get special bolts to mount them in the fender strut holes like that? And is that license mount facing rearwards enough to be legal? It looks like it points towards the sky more than to the rear. Good job!
Yep, that's what they are. And yes,you have to get the metric adaptor bolt set for front and rear. Also, if you use the LED's you need the load balancer kits so they blink like the stock ones. Neither is very expensive. I like the LED's because they are clear (unless activated), plus they last a long time.

·
Registered
106 Posts
So you used the same lights in the front as you did in the rear? I have the same set up in the rear and have been waiting to do the front. I thought I might go with the same style but go with the larger bullets. This is the first post that gives me insight. The bike looks awesome bro.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts