M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
what to buy?

so i just got the 10% discount email from DLP and i wanna put it to good use.

im picking up a clutch cable & a plug & play kit for the stebel horn.

now im torn between a Vstream sport windshield & a set of engine guards.

what should come first ???

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
I took my shield off, I vote for the engine guard !

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
A question of form or function.

The gaurds look nice but serve little function.

Shields look bad on the 9 in general, but it is great to have the option if you are planning on any seirious milage days.

I vote the shield as it is the option that may make you ride more rather than make it look better sitting still.

JMHO

·
Registered
445 Posts
definitely the Engine Guards! saves you bike from be repairable to being totaled! did they send this email to everyone on there list?

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
I vote for the engine guards .

Never really liked a shield on the m109
+1 Here!
It all depends on the use of your 9 though. If I rode my 9 to work nearly everyday or something like that, I would go with the windsheild. I ride mine when weather is mostly good, and when I want to, so, I like the wind hitting me in the face.
INDIVIDUAL PREFERENCE.

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
If you ever get caught in the rain and or have to ride you'll be so glad you got those engine guards on the bike :-\ the other day ran into some june bugs lucky the engine guards stoped it from hitting me in the neck.

you know what i would get.

·
Registered
5,562 Posts
i never got the discount email........... :-\

??? wonder why.......

O engine guards I guess :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
If you ever get caught in the rain and or have to ride you'll be so glad you got those engine guards on the bike :-\ the other day ran into some june bugs lucky the engine guards stoped it from hitting me in the neck.

How did you run into June Bugs??? This is May:dontknow::eek::joke:

I guarantee that if you look at your engine guards there will be bug guts all over them....They did work:D

Vote...Engine guards.:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
4,107 Posts

:dontknow: I must be clueless, or have my engine guards in the wrong position. I still get whacked by bugs even with my engine guards in place:joke:.

·
Registered
367 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Engine Guards

+1 Here!
It all depends on the use of your 9 though. If I rode my 9 to work nearly everyday or something like that, I would go with the windsheild. I ride mine when weather is mostly good, and when I want to, so, I like the wind hitting me in the face.
INDIVIDUAL PREFERENCE.
I ride my 109 most every day, back when it was 18 hours (actual time) old, I got hit by a hit & run driver. N:bigthumbsup:eek: guards yet, if the insurance would have known the cost, she would've been totaled. The gear shift lever has a nasty tendancy to crack the engine case you see, thus letting out the slippery stuff and testing the low oil kill. Get the engine guards, and if you want a sissy shield later, go for it too. BTW, in this case, the part would actually qualify as "safety chrome!"

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Get the engine guards. Or get both. I only like the shield for temporary situations (don't really like it on the 9). The guards can save your bike. If your worried about big bugs wear a full face. DECISIONS DECISIONS

1 - 20 of 30 Posts