M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got an 08 with scorpion tips and soon to be goldwing mod with k&n. Just curious what would be the best commander for me? :dontknow: Just tryin to keep it simple while keepin the bike runnin right! Any info would help......thanks

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
I've got an 08 with scorpion tips and soon to be goldwing mod with k&n. Just curious what would be the best commander for me? :dontknow: Just tryin to keep it simple while keepin the bike runnin right! Any info would help......thanks
well you have severial options there is the power comander 3 that requires a dino tune to get the best preformance posable then there are alot of guys running the cobra 2000 i have n`t heard anything negative about that it is a tune it yourself kinda proceser and now the most recent type is power comander 5, or there is another system from B&B pperformance i think it is called and those 2 require a O2 sensor and it is a self adjusting system so it comes down to what you want don`t know if i helped any but did give you some options to think about do a serch there have been some good threads on this subject!!! good luck bro

·
Registered
547 Posts
If it were me I would purchase the PCV with the Autotune and forget about it. Never have to worry about tuning again no matter what mods you have.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Im assuming the PCV needs to be set up on dino as well?? it sounds nice with the cobra to just be able to plug it in and be done as i have NO idea where a dino is near to where i live:dontknow::'( Hopefully someone who has that one will have some insight for me!!

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Whichever way you go, skip the PCIII

If you want to go with a power commander, consider this:

The PCIII and the PCV cost right about the same.

You can run the PCV just like the PCIII, without the auto tune, on a pre-made or dyno map.

If and when you are ready and want to fork out the extra cash for the auto tune, it is always an option.

You can rent the auto tune units and have it make a map for your bike and then return the unit and run it like the PCIII on that map.

The PCV give you a ton more input options for things like gear, speed and other things that are nice for it to consider in your map.

The PCV is smaller and does not need a battery and connector to program it without the bike running.

The PCV can hold 2 maps so you can have a performance map and a fuel saving map to choose from at the flip of a switch.

All in all, I am not sure how they sell any more PCIII's to 9 owners without the con job that the PCV only fits 09 and up.

Yes, I have had both on my bike.

Before I get railed on here, I am only comparing the PCIII to the PCV and am stating no opinion on any other fuel manager.

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
not sure if a PCIII is what you are looking for. if you want to keep it simple, and not spend much more money, then go with the cobra fi1200 fuel management system. allows for simple adjustments, makes the bike ride really well, and costs much less than a PCIII and dyno time for custom tune fees.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
that was my next ?.....so the PCV will fit the 08?
The PCV fits every year M109R.

They lie so they can still sell PCIIIs.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
I am not sure about the Fi1200's price as I never shopped for one, but I got my PCV for $174 shipped and back when I got my PCIII, it was $199 shipped.

Is the Fi1200 that much cheaper?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts