M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've only used the Zuki 10/40, but reading good things about 20w/50. I've got 1200 miles and changed it once. Thanks for any input!!

·
Registered
5,863 Posts
I run 20/50 mobile 1 full synthetic works for me

·
Registered
543 Posts
10w 40 SYN BLEND REPSOL racing oil, keeps my engine nice and quite!

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Run 20/50 NON synthetic with Lucas and my clutch is much less clunky...
Tobrak, What brand are you running? I think I'll go this route if I ever get my frieking bike back:dontknow:

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
Suzuki Dino 10-40, And change it between 1500 and NO more than 2000 miles!

·
Registered
426 Posts
Tobrak, What brand are you running? I think I'll go this route if I ever get my frieking bike back:dontknow:
Hang in there Mitch.I know how you feel bud, soon the bad dream will be over and you will be riding again.I waited 12 weeks for my nightmere to end.And let me tell you it was a :edit: nightmere.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
I will check the brand, I think its Valvoline (motorcycle oil ) plus Lucas oil addictive.
About the way my parts arrived today!! I will be working on the bike tomorrow, hopefully I will have it ready for a afternoon ride!!!

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I will check the brand, I think its Valvoline (motorcycle oil ) plus Lucas oil addictive.
About the way my parts arrived today!! I will be working on the bike tomorrow, hopefully I will have it ready for a afternoon ride!!!
Did you get it back together and get your ride in?

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Looks great!!

·
Registered
447 Posts
Tobrak the bike looks great. The oil I used was 10/40 suzuki syn blend for V twin. When I had my valves checked the engine was clean.:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
426 Posts
Oh yea this thread was about oil.Well last year I was running 10-40, last friday after finally putting her back together and I took her out for a crank on last years oil. Saturday when I got home from work,I changed the oil with 20-50 went out for a ride and can't beleive the difference.Smoother and quieter.Does make a difference.:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Thanks for the replies guys!!Its appreciated!

Yeah! 20/50 does make the engine run so much smoother!! I do add Lucas oil addictive, just about 10%.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Thanks for the replies guys!!Its appreciated!

Yeah! 20/50 does make the engine run so much smoother!! I do add Lucas oil addictive, just about 10%.
Next time I am going to add Lucas.I have seen the display in parts stores,that stuff is pretty clingy.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts