M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me and my GF are here in peru staying at the el pueblo resort having a great time, so here we were eating a delicious lunch when I see 2 guys pushing a new FZ motorcycle up the brick walkway up to a building being unloaded from a truck, all workers in yamaha uniforms. We spoke to the head guy wearing a yamaha polo shirt and as it turns out yamaha is having a sales meeting here and the star of the show is the FZ lineup. They have the FZ250 and FZ600's with fairing and european model with no fairing that looks great IMO. My GF is spanish and was able to talk with him and found out the 600 FZ1 when converted to U.S. $$ would cost over $13,000 because they come from japan, well that's what he said. But in the U.S. bikes cost less because many are made directly in the U.S. I gotta tell you, the 600FZ european model is great looking without the fairing, but we all know naked bikes don't sell in the U.S. He also said 600 cc bikes sell the most in europe for yamaha. I've seen some off brand bikes here in peru that I've never seen before, and I've seen some crazy driving and riding too, traffic laws do not even exist, it is total chaos. Getting here from lima I saw some extreme poverty, very sad indeed. Ohh and we had a 4.6 earthquake monday night but the rum made me sleep. :)

·
Registered
482 Posts
Nice. I was in Lima and Cusco last spring, and we had rented some yamahas for a few days. Great in the country, scary as hell in the cities. The HiLux was somewhat better, at least we had a full roll cage and bumpers...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts