M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
                                                                                          I HOPE THIS IS THE RIGHT TOPIC AREA.

I've had my eye on the M109R from day one, but all I've heard about are the "PROS"....what about the CONS of the beast called M109R?  I did read that a few of you had a loose hose clamp, but  that's kinda minor from what I read.  I need to know more.   I already know about the stump pulling power, the killer good looks and that deep exhaust note.  What about curves, does the "M" like corners??  What about those brakes, does the "M" stop when and where you need it to?? These are the type of things I need to know about before I go give Jeff at Cycle World my hard earned $$$$. 
     I have three bikes on my "buy list", the Honda VTX1800C or F,  Kawasaki Vulcan 2000 Classic  and the Suzuki M109R.
I"m 6'4"/265lbs and these three bikes are a good fit...for me.  Any help/advise would be greatly appreciated.  By the way, my neighbor owns a`05 GOLDWING so you know what he suggested.  Thanks in advance.  AL

·
Radio Active Member
27,668 Posts
I would agree with the above. If you can test ride them I would go that way. But if you can't, what are you looking for in a bike? How do you plan on ridding it? The Vulcan 2000 is a large machine and to me is only a cruiser. I almost bought a VTX 1800F, but I read about the M comming out and I waited. I'm very glad that I did. The M is hands down a better bike and you can't beat the bang for the buck. I mean come on, look at the [email protected]@ of the M. What more needs to be said? Good luck. :doorag:

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks fellas, you both have very good points. I have to be the one to decide which XXXL bike I buy, but as of now the Vulcan 2000 is out of the running. I went to the stealer today and sit in the Kaw 2000, hell, I might as well get a Gold Wing. Both are super heavy bikes and built for the LOOOONG haul. My longest ride will be 2-3hrs or so, I don't need all the snivel gear the Goldwing offers....or do I??? I "should" have my new bike the 1st week of Oct. 2006. Yes, I will be ridding until the temp dips to 40-45 deg (God bless Under Armour). When I DO get my bike, should I post here or in another area?? I'm new to all this message board stuff. Thanks again guys and keep the shinny side up. By the way, they did fire the big Kaw 2000 up for me, it has a very deep, but mellow exhaust note...I like. The big Honda is next. Thanks again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts