M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2765mi in 8 days, what a good time we had. went from Alvin TX. to Kimberly City Mo. and back. we spent 5 days just cruising the ozarks. our day trips were about 300mi each. the bike was just wonderful to ride. it did great in the twisty roads. the only thing that i could find wrong with the bike is that the speedo is hard to see with a full face helmet on. other then that no problems at all. i think that the roads in north AR. were made by a biker. they were in great shape with lots of curves .Had a blast up there and hatted to come home. but the ride was great. So those of you thinking of going on a long trip the bike dose just fine in my book.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Glad to hear that you had a good and SAFE time!! I too wish the speedo were tilted up so it were easier to see, but overall I don't think there is much to complain about! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
L-Train said:
Did you do any comfort mods or is it all stock?
the bike is all stock still.mods are still to come.but we did have a chase truck so we did not have to tote anything.

G

·
Ditto on the speedo. I just double the RPM when in 5th for a close MPH reading. 3500 = 70mph and 4000 = 80mph. Close enough for government work.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
HalGreenlee said:
Ditto on the speedo. I just double the RPM when in 5th for a close MPH reading. 3500 = 70mph and 4000 = 80mph. Close enough for government work.
yes sir that's about what i did too .and i think it's close to being right

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
EAGLEFAN67 said:
sounded like a great time...any pics ?
Have to get them put on a disk so I can download them. When I get them on a disk I'll post them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts