M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buddys birthday was Sat, he wanted to go skydiving and asked me to join him. This is something that has been on my bucket list, did a tandem jump from 14,500 ft - free fall for a about 8000ft then deployed chute at about 5000-6000ft and MAN WHAT A RUSH

·
Registered
381 Posts
Haha, very sick... my first bungie jump was pretty sick... one day i will get to do this.

Here is the big question.... would you do it again?

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Haha, very sick... my first bungie jump was pretty sick... one day i will get to do this.

Here is the big question.... would you do it again?
Yes I would but would like to get a big group of friends (109 riders) and family so I can see and hear everyones feedback when they land - just unreal. :bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
5,562 Posts
really shows ur gray hairs...... lol looks like a blast tho!!! :bigthumbsup: Cant say I would, but I have wanted to....(got kids ya know)... parachute isnt 100% ya know.... ;)

·
Registered
5,562 Posts
I did do the indoor one in Vegas a couple yrs ago, that was a blast.... O yea how was it having a DUDE strapped to your back side? LOL LOL ???

·
Registered
643 Posts
Good for you:bigthumbsup:. It's been on my to do list for a few years now.
there is a spot in NJ about 1/2 way between philly and AC to go, if i recall correctly its called CROSS KEYS , I went last year it was AWESOME

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I did do the indoor one in Vegas a couple yrs ago, that was a blast.... O yea how was it having a DUDE strapped to your back side? LOL LOL ???
Cant say having a dude strapped to your back is fun but maybe next time I will do it solo (AFF) accelerated free fall - just maybe have to wait for my balls to grow a bit - lol

·
Registered
263 Posts
I will be making my first skydive this september. Its my birthday present to myself.
Can't wait

·
Registered
508 Posts
That's awsome Ron, looks like you had a blast ! I would love to try that too someday ! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
212 Posts
:congrats: that really is a rush! The biggest danger in jumping is that you can get hooked on the sport and wont want to stop:bigthumbsup: I started my AFF solo training 2 months ago and have made 3 solo jumps, I am so hooked!!
anyways great job on your first jump.
blue skies
Mark

·
Registered
810 Posts
We paid for our employees to skydive a couple years ago. It is a rush and I highly recommend it to everyone!

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
That look of PURE JOY was Priceless !!
I could Do it As long as Some one Pushed me
other wise it Aint happening ,Congrats :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
Awesome Ron!!! I've been wanting to do that for a long time too. I've been trying convince my wife to do it with me but she's not that interested.....;):D

This is the Perrine bridge, one of two bridges you can legally jump from. One in in WV and is only a one time a yr event. O.K. West Virgina, correct me if I am wrong. :doorag:
You are correct....New River Gorge Bridge...Bridge Day... is the event. It is legal to base jump from that bridge on that day. Other than that it's a 4 lane bridge. You can still jump, even though it's illegal, if you like and I'm sure some have, but most the time they don't have a parachute on and don't care how they land.:eek::-\ They say that 1 Million people come to bridge day. (I find that hard to believe ,but realistically about 200-300,000):doorag:

FYI...They have added some major attractions to that area over this last year. The Boy Scouts have built a 10,000 acre camp, You can walk the catwalk under the bridge, a zipline has been installed through the gorge, and you can ride your motorcycle through the old road that was the original way to travel. It takes about 30 seconds to go across the bridge, it takes 1 hour to drive the old way.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Hats off to you, but no way in hell I'm jumping out of a plane. Its hard enough just to get me ON a plane; I aint jumping out of one willingly

·
Registered
60 Posts
My groomsmen surprised me with a tandem jump the day before my wedding. Something about taking a plunge before taking THE plunge. Anyway, it was an experience like no other. Sitting in the plane as it bumped down the grass runway and circled higher and higher above the Earth. Suddenly someone opens up a huge door on the side of the plane and things got real - real fast. There was a hole in the side of the plane big enough to drive a couple of 109's through. And there were guys jumping out of a perfectly good airplane! When it was my turn I stood in the opening while a cameraman hung onto the outside of the plane recording my jump. The final video sits in my library and I rarely show it since the free-fall made my face distort so bad it's embarrassing. I guess the thing that took me by surprise was walking back from the landing zone and seeing the guy who was next to me on the plane sitting on a bench crying hysterically. It seems his chute didn't open and his secondary blasted opened once he reached a low enough altitude.

So that's my one and only skydiving experience. If you're going to make it a hobby - more power to you. It's a little too "extreme" for this guy. At least I can say "been there, done that - what's next?"

Youtube video taken by a guy on the ground:

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
OK, let me get this straight.....you willingly jumped out of a plane that WASN'T on fire, DIDN'T lose an engine, had a pilot that WASN'T having a heart attack, and there was no one on board yelling "They've got missile lock on us!!".

Why? :dontknow:

J/K....good for you bro.....you crazy bastidge.:D

·
Registered
913 Posts

It almost looks like your tandum partner is Matt, FuturR.

Looks like you had a blast Ron. Thats on my list of things to do too. But I would like to take the classes to do a solo jump!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts