M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What a Ride! The first time I have taken my 109 to work. 40 miles of I-5 and 405 @ 5:00 am in the Seattle traffic. She handles great...still learning to be in control of the bike...just got my permit @ 44 yrs old. I do have a question for you fellas who ride in "moist" conditions. Foggy weather makes the front shield of the full face almost completely covered in mist. Can you use rain-x or something on this without damaging the shield? I bought top of the line ARIA so the ventilation inside is awesome....no problems there, but when the Harley pulled up beside me @ 70 mph and made some advances, I had to smoke him and would have been shaking alot less when I got to work if I would have been able to see better!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Do not use RainX on the face shield.  Arai has instructions for cleaning.  You should have it if you bought the helmet new.

Plexus is an excellent cleaner/protectant for the plastic shield.

As far as keeping the mist off the shield you'll have to figure that out. I use a rain glove that has a squeege sewn into the left index finger.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Nester....My wife read the instructions and stopped me from using windex. Just plain water and micro-fiber works great for cleaning. I was thinking, while my shield was up @ 70 mph following traffic, that some good clear safety glasses would probably be o.k. and the helmet ventilation would keep them clear with the viser up. I guess it will be a trial and error thing. Smoking the Harley was AWESOME though.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
I understand the Windex issue.... because it's ammonia based, which can make plastics cloudy. Why can't you use rain-x on the face shield though?

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
they make small squeegies that stick on your glove for snow skiing, maybe that'd work.

·
Registered
665 Posts
As Nester mentioned above,the rain glove is the way to go! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
664 Posts
i have a thumb mounted wiper.... goes right over top the gloves.... found it at the counter at my local bike shop.. works great...

·
Registered
629 Posts
The clear safety glasses thing wont work in the fog. they will get all misted up just as fast. I know because I wear perscription glasses. the best thing is well ventilated helmet and a finger squeegee.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts