M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been there before, but now I can honestly say "Been there, done that":bigthumbsup:. I went with my neighbor and we had a blast! The weather couldn't have been anymore perfect and Deals Gap was absolutely packed full with bikes. When we first pulled in I didn't know if we were going to find a place to park :eek:. We got there later than we wanted to so we only got to ride the Dragon once up and back. Lot's of great folks, good conversation and of course awesome riding. I only seen one othe 9 while I was there (orange with swept pipes) but I represented my fellow 9'ers proudly by attracting attention everywhere we stopped. My neighbor had gotten jealous enough that he started talking my bike up to everyone who asked about it just so he could be included in all the attention it was getting.

Sorry for the rambling post but I wanted to share what a great time I had:D

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
I've been there before, but now I can honestly say "Been there, done that":bigthumbsup:. I went with my neighbor and we had a blast! The weather couldn't have been anymore perfect and Deals Gap was absolutely packed full with bikes. When we first pulled in I didn't know if we were going to find a place to park :eek:. We got there later than we wanted to so we only got to ride the Dragon once up and back. Lot's of great folks, good conversation and of course awesome riding. I only seen one othe 9 while I was there (orange with swept pipes) but I represented my fellow 9'ers proudly by attracting attention everywhere we stopped. My neighbor had gotten jealous enough that he started talking my bike up to everyone who asked about it just so he could be included in all the attention it was getting.

Sorry for the rambling post but I wanted to share what a great time I had:D

Glad you guys had a good time! It does get crowded up there quick. How was the police presence?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There was quite a bit of police presence up there. Although we did see them with numerous bikes and cars pulled over while we were there I'm amazed that anyone was able to get moving fast enough to get pulled over. The Dragon was just that crowded that you were garranteed to get stuck behind much slower traffic sooner then later. Got passed by crotch rockets more than once only to catch up with them by the next bend because they were stuck behind even more slower traffic.

·
Registered
824 Posts
have they opened it back up to Tn. yet? from what I saw the closure looked like it might have been permanent.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts