M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
made a stop at the Suzuki dealer the owner came up to me and asked what now. I bought a 2007 m109r. 2005 busa and 2008 zx14 from him in the past.
He showed me a couple of new 109s, I thought they still look great just like in the past. I asked about problems with them, if there are less now than in the past. He said to tell the truth the 109 is still the bike that comes back most often to the shop. leaks, high idle speeds, fuel gauge..ect. I ask about any 2nd gear issues he said they have seen a few and Suzuki did cover the cost to repair in about half the cases. Too bad I was wishing they had most the problems figured out by now. For those reasons I just could not pull the trigger on a new one. Looks like I may go the Busa route again or wait until a used 2009 m109r shows up at a killer deal. Not that it would matter I don't keep one for long anyway

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Good luck with the Busa, great bike. We're all miserable w/ our 9's

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
I must disagree

I've been riding over 30 years now and the 9 is the most impressive MC I've ever owned.

·
Registered
147 Posts
TRUE DAT.:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
960 Posts
I've been riding over 30 years now and the 9 is the most impressive MC I've ever owned.
:agree:The man speaks the truth. Love this bike. Best I ever owned.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
I love my bike and have none of the problems listed.I will keep this one as long as i can.:bigthumbsup:eek:r until it get's stolen.And then I WILL get another!!

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
... I asked about problems with them, if there are less now than in the past. He said to tell the truth the 109 is still the bike that comes back most often to the shop. leaks, high idle speeds, fuel gauge..ect. ...
My mechanic always stops what he is doing to come out and look my 9 over. He says he never gets any in. They have two on the floor, but he never gets to see customers 9's. Maybe the issues are the way that shop assembles them. My 9 has not had any of the issues you mention.

·
Radio Active Member
22,690 Posts
My mechanic always stops what he is doing to come out and look my 9 over. He says he never gets any in. They have two on the floor, but he never gets to see customers 9's. Maybe the issues are the way that shop assembles them. My 9 has not had any of the issues you mention.
That's what my local dealer tells me too. I've bought 3 bikes from them and know the guys there, and they get them in for service but seldom for any kind of major repairs.

I've had less problems with this bike than most any bike I've had for the past 30-35 years.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts