M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
....and priced some Kury Iso grips and throttle boss...over $100 installed by the stealer is a bit much. So Hal will be getting my business, although I am not too confident in working on a $12,000 bike...not too mechanically inclined, lol.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I watched the video, and it all looks easy enough. But what about the throttle cables? I talked to the service guy and he said it would take about 30 minutes, which sounds about right, and that they would have to "grind the sleeve" to get the Kury's on.?.?.?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nah, you don't have to grind the sleeve. You just undo the screws under the throttle housing, remove the stock grip and replace with the new one. Mine took less than twenty minutes to do both. Throttle boss is a nice touch. Nice wrist rest. They make them now so that you can put them on both sides to balance things out and so you can rest both wrists.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Do it, I had no problems.  Take's some patience with the cables but with a needle nose and a punch you should get it no problem.  I have not seen the video yet either.  I used Gorilla Glue and it worked great.  Used the stuff it came with and came out the next morning only to have the grip turn on me.

Good Luck, Jamie

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
chadrob30 said:
....and priced some Kury Iso grips and throttle boss...over $100 installed by the stealer is a bit much. So Hal will be getting my business, although I am not too confident in working on a $12,000 bike...not too mechanically inclined, lol.
Let me know how the install goes. I want to do this too, but am not mechanically inclined at all!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts