M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was cruising through my neighborhood on the way home from work and I took my eyes off the road to look at this house for sale. When out of the corner of my eye I catch some movement, it was an elderly person backing down a driveway. I was going to slow in to high a gear so when I tried an evasive maneuver I turned the wheel to sharp and got caught up in some debris that had collected near the curb. It was like slow motion as I went down on my left side. I turned the bars to try to protect the tank and and let it down easy. Man I couldn't save it. It went past that point of no return. Luckily I had left the rear pegs down which saved the back of the bike. I immediately hit the kill button. Only thing that was damaged was the left mirror and my pride. To top it all off this cager never realized what they had caused. :eek:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Reading your plight I'm reminded of the saying: There are two types of riders: those that have gone down, and those that will go down. Sorry about your misfortune, but at least you are okay.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nicely put . I hope that plight is over. Besides shiny side up is so much nicer.......

G

·
If you need a mirror, I just took mine off. Bike is brand new. My treat. PM me with your address and I'll ship them in the mail to you. Call it sympathy insurance. Seriously, glad you are ok. Anytime you can walk away, is a good day.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Glad you are ok.
Now buy the house so you can bother your new neighbor who caused this each day :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
I get so tight hearing about this ...cagers are getting worse.

Well I laid my moped down when I was a Jr in school...does that count for "have laid down" ?

·
Registered
211 Posts
Most accidents happen within a few miles from the house. Sucks! Good that you didn't get hurt. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
752 Posts
I went on a 7 year hiatus and the M109 was my return. I noticed that people are much worse about paying attention then they used to be.

I am going with cell phones as a primary cause.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Glad you are OK :bigthumbsup:

I'm also impressed that the bike managed to pull out of it was only a damaged mirror. Seems almost impossible but when good things come out of something bad, :beer3:

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
My leg took some of the impact but it was slow enough not to cause injury. Thanks for all the support.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Old People = Most Dangerous Drivers on the Road (Tied with Teenagers). They don't look, they don't PROPERLY signal, they don't follow the rules of the road. To quote Seinfeld: "Well I'm 70 and I'm Coming Back."

Glad to hear that you are ok. I try to avoid neighborhood driving as much as possible for that very reason.

·
Registered
721 Posts
It always happens in slow motion.... Like a bad dream come true.

Yes, I been there done that to many times to remember LOL!!

Like all the other folks.. Glad you made it out!!!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Bruno said:
If you need a mirror, I just took mine off. Bike is brand new. My treat. PM me with your address and I'll ship them in the mail to you. Call it sympathy insurance. Seriously, glad you are ok. Anytime you can walk away, is a good day.
Dittos. Glad you are ok.
Kudos to Bruno. M109 riders are the best. :)

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Fellow riders,
This group is by far the best. I have to say thanks to Bruno for the generous offer. You just don't meet people like that everyday. Most of the time people look out for numeral uno. Thanx again to all.
Regards,
Grayson

1 - 20 of 28 Posts