M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My son came to visit and we were enjoying a nice ride and it started to rain. Since the moment he got on as a passenger I noted he tended to lean sideways and told him many times not to do it. Well as we were passing a local gas station a truck crossed suddenly in fron of us and I brake with the rear and the the front but the rear skidded and he leaned and down we went.
Rolled on the floor with the bike alongside me across an intersection for about 40 feet. Luckily we were wearing full helmets and jackets. Only got a nickel size abrassion on my left arm and a heck of a good shiner on the inside of my thigh. Definitely prefer riding with chicks on the back since they hug you so they lean when you do...
The most amazing thing is the bike did not sustain any major damage. The exhaust was scratched to hell, broke the front brake handle and it seem the steering risers were bent since the handle now touches the tank.
But thank you for all that help installing the engine guards. It definitely saved my bike!!

Will post pics afterwards

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,864 Posts
Wow, I hate to hear that bro. The first thing I always tell a passenger is to do nothing. Don't try to lean with the bike or against it, just sit there.

Glad you both are mostly OK, and it sounds like the bike just needs a few parts and some tweaking. Probably just shifted the risers unless it bent the bars.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
I try and ride solo for these types of things happen all the time, Im glad u and ur son are ok and were wearing full helmets and that the bike had engine guards, ride safe man!

·
Registered
976 Posts
oem guards?

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Glad you guys are ok. Take care and put that 9 back together so you can teach your son to ride it on his own. Be careful amigo.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Sorry to hear about your crash. Nice to hear that it ended with minimal damage to you and your son......the bike can be fixed. Good luck with the repairs.

·
Radio Active Member
27,668 Posts
Glad to hear that you both are OK. The bike can be fixed. Heal up fast. Now go spend some more time with your son. :D

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
so sorry to hear about your accident. i am glad to hear that both you and your son are ok. bonus that the bike didn't sustain too much damage.

i wish you and your son a quick recovery.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Glad to hear that you r ok. I'm about to take my son on his first ride with me, so you posting this is making me even more cautious.

·
Registered
300 Posts
going down

/first off glad both of you came out with minor injuries.so you are saying accident caused by son leaning and not because of overbraking on rear brake
My son came to visit and we were enjoying a nice ride and it started to rain. Since the moment he got on as a passenger I noted he tended to lean sideways and told him many times not to do it. Well as we were passing a local gas station a truck crossed suddenly in fron of us and I brake with the rear and the the front bu t the rear skidded and he leaned and down we went.
Rolled on the floor with the bike alongside me across an intersection for about 40 feet. Luckily we were wearing full helmets and jackets. Only got a nickel size abrassion on my left arm and a heck of a good shiner on the inside of my thigh. Definitely prefer riding with chicks on the back since they hug you and hug you so they lean when you do...
The most amazing thing is the bike did not sustain any major damage. The exhaust was scratched to hell, broke the front brake handle and it seem the steering risers were bent since the handle now touches the tank.
But thank you for all that help installing the engine guards. It definitely saved my bike!!

Will post pics afterwards

1 - 20 of 40 Posts