M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reading the posts on here for about three weeks,I went to Thompsons Motorsports,in Terre Haute,Indiana to "look at a 109" after sitting on it and looking at it about 45 seconds,I bought it! It has Cobra Dragster Pipes,and a Power Commander already installed,on the new bike. The more I looked at the Silver,the more I liked it. Now comes the bad part! It started storming here today,so I will have to wait until Monday,or Tuesday to pick it up! Talk about AGONY. I can't hardly wait to ride it . I did take it for a test ride at the dealers,SWEET!

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah! I don't know what's the worst. Drooling over the keyboard when I wanted one,or having one,and can't get it home :D

·
Registered
543 Posts
OTay you fair weather riders,give me you address and I will break in you bike for you :D The rain don't stop me ::) Just think how sweet that  can be,a few day's you will have a broke in bike,and I got wet for you.I even put up the petro ;)

G

·
WOW...new w/ PC3 and pipes??!! That is awesome!!! :bigthumbsup: How much you pay with the upgrades?? Is there any miles on it??

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks,Lamonster,and guy's! They also gave me the stock pipes. So right now all I have is a owners manual,stock pipes,and a passenger seat. They also had a Black one with a set of chrome wheels,and rearend housing. A black stock one,and a Burple one! They are good people to deal with.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Ron S said:
After reading the posts on here for about three weeks,I went to Thompsons Motorsports,in Terre Haute,Indiana to "look at a 109" after sitting on it and looking at it about 45 seconds,I bought it! It has Cobra Dragster Pipes,and a Power Commander already installed,on the new bike. The more I looked at the Silver,the more I liked it. Now comes the bad part! It started storming here today,so I will have to wait until Monday,or Tuesday to pick it up! Talk about AGONY. I can't hardly wait to ride it . I did take it for a test ride at the dealers,SWEET!
The same thing happened to me weather wise. I bought my bike on a Friday. It rained Friday, Sat, Sunday & Monday they were not opened for business (Rained that day too). I finally picked up my bike on a Tuesday afternoon after begging & waiting for a ride there.

I have plenty of opportunity to ride this special bike & believe me, it will not take long to bond to. :bigthumbsup: :doorag:

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Congrats on the new bike :bigthumbsup:

One question are you sure they put the power commander on the silver one?
Just wondering because all it had was the pipes on it when I looked at it in June. BTW make sure what they are charging you for the pipes , they wanted MSRP plus $300+ in labor for the pipes and that was on top of MSRP on the bike .
That and the fact that when I ask about whether it had a Cobra fuel box (all that was out at the time) on it and they looked at me like I just spoke greek to them, so I pretty much just walked away ;)

Look like I'm gonna have look into spiceing up my paint a bit since there is gonna be another silver one close LOL :joke: :p ;) that is if you live in the town I think you do :D

Oh yea ask if they are giving you (or can get) the factory exhaust too :evil: :bigthumbsup:

I look foward to see you riding around :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah,the salesman showed me the Powercomander,under the seat! It was 12,450.00 out the door. The cobra pipes are pretty loud,but they gave me the stock ones too,so if the local law enforcement dosen't like it I can change back to the stockers.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Ron S said:
Yeah,the salesman showed me the Powercomander,under the seat! It was 12,450.00 out the door. The cobra pipes are pretty loud,but they gave me the stock ones too,so if the local law enforcement dosen't like it I can change back to the stockers.
You got a good deal on that one :bigthumbsup: , they wanted way more for when I was looking at it :eek:

The local LEOs won't care about the pipes .................. look at all the pick-ups with straight pipes around here ;)

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah, I was going to do the pipes,and Powercomander first,so it just amounted to basically buying them,already installed on the bike. I'll have to cruz over to Vincennes when I pick the bike up next week. Oh I also got him to swap out the stock mirrors for some custom ones that were on a Burple stock bike they had on the used lot! ( I know I'm a Dog,my wife said she was embarrassed to be around me when dealing for something. But she changed her mind,when I got them to throw in a white Full Face Flip helmet for her in the deal! :D

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Yeah you will have too let me know when you are coming over :bigthumbsup: I work some pretty weird hours. One silver 109 going down the street get stares , two riding togather ought to cause a wreck LOL :p

I'll have to PM you my cell # later :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You Bet! :bigthumbsup: On Friday nights we have a bike night here at Hardy's. Just got started,a few weeks ago. We just sit around and talk about bikes,look at what some have done. It dosen't make any diffrence what you ride. We have one guy that has a Z-Bike scooter. It has a remote start on it,and we have alot of fun by starting it up when people are looking at it. They can't figure out how it started. :D We don't have many guys from out of town though,most don't want to ride on the highways at night because of the deer. I don't have to tell you how bad they are around here. :yikes:

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
Guys rain may be bad for riding but when you 2 years without any (much) you wish you had it. Here in North Texas as well as much of the state we have been burning up for almost 2 years. Heck the lakes are even drying up. We just broke a bunch of records for 100 degree days in month/year and it's still just August!.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yeah! It is needed in some parts of the country. It seems to come in cycles here. None for a while,then all it does is rain for a week flooding everything.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Congrats, Ron. You won't be sorry.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts