M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My D2Moto tail light took a shyt. After my wife almost rear ending me cause she couldn't see my t/s, I checked it out and only a couple of the LED's for the right side were working. So after getting home yesterday from bike weekend in Delmarva, I put all the stock stuff back on.

Can just the lenses be bought for these things or does the whole assem have to be replaced. I though about swapping the smoke lens off the D2 unit to my factory one, but I don't want to mess up my factory light trying to remove the lens.

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Yes, you will have to take a dremel or such equal and cut the stock leans off. It is fused/melted together. Then get some good clear silicone sealant and put the smoked on there. Take your time. Takes longer to cut and clean up the stock unit. Did the same with mine from a customers failed unit.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
I put mine on about 2 weeks ago, still holding up but Im just waiting for it to take a dump.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Sorry dude! I knew it would happen after my experience with them and hearing about many others. I went back to stock taillights. Personally I'd go back to stock and have a qualified painter tint it for you.

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I put mine on about 2 weeks ago, still holding up but Im just waiting for it to take a dump.
Mine was on maybe a month. Oh well, I'm gonna do something w/ it. We'll see. For the 35 bux I paid for it, not worth the time and hassle to return it.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Mine was on maybe a month. Oh well, I'm gonna do something w/ it. We'll see. For the 35 bux I paid for it, not worth the time and hassle to return it.
Is it just the amber LEDs that burnt out? Or run and brake? If it is just the amber LEDs did you use equalizers?

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Is it just the amber LEDs that burnt out? Or run and brake? If it is just the amber LEDs did you use equalizers?
Yeah just the amber for the t/s and yes I used the equalizers.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Yup, like I posted in the other thread, mine lasted about a week.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Bad lights dude!!!!

:doh:I have a partner with the same tail light! Man, I try very hard not to be the one that rides behide him. At night they look good ,but during the day they are the worst.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Hey big b dont quote me on this but Im preety sure d2moto will exchange the taillight for you for free. Ive had mine on for a little over a month so far. No problems yet. I did notice before I installed it that the seal for the lense was absolutely terrible. I used hot glue to seal it up real good and no problems thus far.

·
Registered
263 Posts
i heard nothing good about that company...........trash
in there defense they do not manufacture any of there parts they are just a vendor / distributor. I have ordered from them in the past for my last bike with no problems. You just get what you pay for. I think were all still waiting for a company to produce a quality tail light for our bikes.

·
Radio Active Member
27,669 Posts
in there defense they do not manufacture any of there parts they are just a vendor / distributor. I have ordered from them in the past for my last bike with no problems. You just get what you pay for. I think were all still waiting for a company to produce a quality tail light for our bikes.
There is one that makes a reliable clear brake light, and I think is brighter then the others. Suzuki's LE tail light. But it is not $40.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
I read a how to on here before on tinting the tailight. Its gonna take some patience, but its worth a look.

Good luck
Patience?

If you can paint out of a rattle can, you can tint you light.

I have done many on cars, trucks, my Hummer, several bikes and yes, even my 9.

The hardest part is finding the spray tint.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,865 Posts
Some seem to work and some don't. Before I found a real LE tail light I thought about buying a cheap one just to get the clear lens, and avoid the disappointment of it not working after a week or three.

Glad your wife didn't run over you Bernie. Mine almost ran over me when I had a set of the Strutto signals on mine and the late evening sun blanked them out. I'm now a firm believer in a good tail light and signals.

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hey big b dont quote me on this but Im preety sure d2moto will exchange the taillight for you for free. Ive had mine on for a little over a month so far. No problems yet. I did notice before I installed it that the seal for the lense was absolutely terrible. I used hot glue to seal it up real good and no problems thus far.
Mine was the same way, re-sealed it but to no avail!!

There is one that makes a reliable clear brake light, and I think is brighter then the others. Suzuki's LE tail light. But it is not $40.
Yeah, I'm hip. Maybe I'll find one here or e-bay a lil cheaper.

Some seem to work and some don't. Before I found a real LE tail light I thought about buying a cheap one just to get the clear lens, and avoid the disappointment of it not working after a week or three.

Glad your wife didn't run over you Bernie. Mine almost ran over me when I had a set of the Strutto signals on mine and the late evening sun blanked them out. I'm now a firm believer in a good tail light and signals.
Yeah me too. Luckily we had our scala's on and she hollered at me so I slowed down and held my line and she blew right by me. Coulda been bad.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Mine nearly ran over me but for a completely different reason - aint divorce a real b#tch

:-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

·
Registered
57 Posts
Anyone know what the issueis with these integrated tail lights ?

There must ne a solid reason the LED's are burning out. If its just because they are a crap LED surely they can be replaced and good ones mounted in the old spots.

They otherwise look like a great product and I would love one for my bike but not if its going to die like that.

I would be happy to rebuild it if anyone knows the cause of the problem.

·
Registered
263 Posts
The whole reason I went with the cheap taillight is its intergrated. I should of said were all waiting for a company to produce a quality integrated taillight

1 - 20 of 20 Posts