M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saturday I went down to Miami to see my best bud from high school. He had to sit on the bike. It was good to spend a little time with him without our wives. We really got to talk about some serious stuff.

On Sunday, 5 of us rode out to Holiday Park in the Everglades. Weather was a little rough so not many bikes showed up. On a good Sunday there will be 200-300 bikes out there.

Myself and Junkyard Dog (JYD) had the M109's and JYD was doing his best to show it to some interested folks. I am sure they will end up buying one.

The next two pictures are of JYD and my M109. Can you spot what the difference is? My bike has the yellow helmet on it.

And this is tough to admit but JYD and I did a little roll on comparison and he was slightly creeping ahead of me. So was it my 15 extra pounds? Was it his lowered rear? Maybe his drilled out baffles? Or is it all in the JSD resistor? Or maybe its a little bit of each.

If nothing else I am going on a diet tomorrow. And if I am going riding again with JYD I will take the baffle out of my bike first.

We got a little damp riding home but I was dry by the time I got to my house.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
They also appear to me to have different pipes and grips. And Hal has a set of those bungee eyelet things on the side of his bike and you don't, as well as the fact that Hal's rear tire is different. :bigthumbsup:

God bless the doctor that performed my Lasik, he was a genius :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
HalGreenlee said:
Well its your own fault isn't it?
Yea I guess it is. ::)
When you have about 20 aches that needs bush hogging I guess it's a good thing my bike was not back together. :D

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Hey Hal, I thought you put the Shooter on your bike. Did you not keep it, or was that on another bike? Also, is the parking lot slanted or something, because his bike looks much lower than yours.... even the front end. The back looks a lot lower than 2 1/2 inches lower than yours.

Also, have you ridden his bike to compare it to yours? If so, how does it ride lowered like that? It sure looks sweet, but I don't want to make my 109 ride bad.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Nice Bikes Guys!! Wish I had a 109 to ride too Lamont!! It's a crime that the dealership still has mine and over the 4th of July!! I want to ride SOOO BAD!!!! They've had it now for about 3 weeks!! Stupid clutch!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Medic1210 said:
Hey Hal, I thought you put the Shooter on your bike. Did you not keep it, or was that on another bike? Also, is the parking lot slanted or something, because his bike looks much lower than yours.... even the front end. The back looks a lot lower than 2 1/2 inches lower than yours.Â

Also, have you ridden his bike to compare it to yours? If so, how does it ride lowered like that? It sure looks sweet, but I don't want to make my 109 ride bad.

Thanks
My SHooter is now on JYD's bike.

His bike is lower in the back. It may be the angle of the camera that makes it look different.

I haven't ridden his bike but he says it rides fine. Once Lamont gets the air shocks on his bike I will decide which way to go. I think the M109 has more ground clearance on a stock bike than any other bike I have had. I am going to lower it one way or the other.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts