M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We'll I used the rare bad weather we've been having here in So. Cal to do all the mods I had stacked on my workbench. On my list was my Bully FI Unit, G-bushing, 8" pullback risers, Custom world solo rack and backrest, and last but not least Tsukayu jumbo strong hardbags. It was alot of work but I'm happy with the results.

I had to custom fit the solo rack by drilling new holes in the front support and a hole in my rear fender. Also I had to reroute my cables and brakes to the rear of my triple tree to have enough slack for the risers.

·
Registered
623 Posts
RadGen, the bike looks great!! I love the risers and bar. Backrest matches the big comfy seat you have. I'm going to do the blacked out exhaust this time, I've been a chrome guy in the past so this will be a first for me.

Keep posting changes when you make them.:clap2:

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
Damn,,, now that a seat. bet you are going to get some comfy miles with that. Looks nice.....

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Damn,,, now that a seat. bet you are going to get some comfy miles with that. Looks nice.....
:eek: Holy comfort cruiser Batman! I didn't realize Lay-Z-Boy was making bike seats now!!!!!

I bet you can ride all week nonstop on that & never get sore! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
115 Posts
looks good:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
seat

:eek: Holy comfort cruiser Batman! I didn't realize Lay-Z-Boy was making bike seats now!!!!!

I bet you can ride all week nonstop on that & never get sore! :bigthumbsup:
It's a Russell "Day Long". They guarantee that you can ride all day long in comfort. I've had it on the bike for about 500 miles and I really like it. They take the stock seat and rebuild it according to your height, weight and riding position. I had to take pictures of me sitting and standing with the bike for them to set it up.

·
Registered
643 Posts
looks good & glad top know there is room in the lines for changing the handle bar position

question on the rack though, did the instructions tell you before hand you were gonna have to drill another hole in the fender? or is that just what you had to do to get it to work? I really like that rack/backrest combo for a solo look and function,but, i guess i was under the impression since it was being marketed for the C it was gonna be a bolt on item

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Rack

looks good & glad top know there is room in the lines for changing the handle bar position

question on the rack though, did the instructions tell you before hand you were gonna have to drill another hole in the fender? or is that just what you had to do to get it to work? I really like that rack/backrest combo for a solo look and function,but, i guess i was under the impression since it was being marketed for the C it was gonna be a bolt on item
The rack is made for a C50, but it will bolt up to the stock bolts on the 109. However, it is 2.5 inches further back and you would need a longer bolt and more spacers to have it fit well, and the backrest would be too far back.

Drilling the hole in the fender was no problem and it landed where there is a second wall of sheet metal under the fender so its not a tire hazard.

·
Registered
643 Posts
thanks for the info I am really tinkering with the idea of having solo with rack most of the time, I do very rarely have a need for a back seat , although i do use it and the backrest to strap my bookbag to for work , I would much prefer the solo-tourer look.

with a stock seat and the backrest all the way forward would it still be too far back to be useful if it was bolted into the existing holes?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
backrest

thanks for the info I am really tinkering with the idea of having solo with rack most of the time, I do very rarely have a need for a back seat , although i do use it and the backrest to strap my bookbag to for work , I would much prefer the solo-tourer look.

with a stock seat and the backrest all the way forward would it still be too far back to be useful if it was bolted into the existing holes?
You would loose the ability to adjust the backrest and it would probably hit you too low in the back.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Good to know I'm not the only one with a work bench full of parts to install!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Bully seat

Great looking bike.
How's the performance with the Bully and TRE?
I'm really jealous of the seat.
What made you decide to go with Russel?
I went with the Russel because I am 6ft 2in and I wanted to move back and up in seating position. The Russell is custom built and I knew they could do this. I put another 200 miles on the bike yesterday and I really like this seat.

I had a Ultimate Big-boy on my VTX and really liked it.
However they only make a mid-rider for the C, and that's too far forward and low for me.

The Bully and TRE add a lot of power to the bike. The bike wants to cruise at 100mph now. I'm going to do some more adjusting over the next month to dial it back a little and get some extra mileage out of it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts