M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The girlfriend and I went on a short ride (400 miles round trip) from Denver to Steamboat Springs this weekend. If any of you ever get a chance to ride in this area, you won't regret it :bigthumbsup: I picked up some inexpensive bags from a store here in town. They work great just thrown over the pillion seat - and strapped to the rear pegs. I bought a small black bathroom rug (rubber backing keeps it from slipping) to cover the big crossover bag strap on the seat and off we went.

Twisties for DAYS :2cool:

My poor Dodge has turned into a storage shelf since I bought my M109R :confused:

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We live in Denver. We're planning a trip to Utah later this summer... as soon as we can get a back rest with a small luggage rack on it. I've been through southern and central Utah in a car and there's nothing to compare it to. Bryce Canyon just impressed the hell out of me :eek: PM me or post on here somewhere when you plan on heading this way :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
toneout said:
Those bags look good. What kind are they? Give us the specifics please.
Here's all the info off of the reciept:

Part # 82-323
Tour Master Large Slant Bag

I paid $89.99 for them. They came with rain covers and also have a liner inside that gathers at the top to all but seal them up. They also have a nice foam pad that lines the entire side of the bag that comes into contact with the bike. I checked for scratches when we got to Steamboat Saturday and couldn't see any :bigthumbsup: I like the Scotchbrite reflective material on them. It's the same stuff you can see on the seams of my jacket in one of the pics ^^^^. They have straps on both ends to secure them to the pegs, turn signals, ect. I tried to mount them under the seat but they wouldn't clear the pipes enough for me to be comfortable with it. If you could figure out a way to mount them under the seat, the bags unzip from the crossover strap for quick removal. The missus says she couldn't tell she was sitting on the strap when we were riding (good thing.... 'cause I would've heard about it!)

·
Registered
752 Posts
I have done so many motorcycle trips to the state and national parks down there. Just gorgeous.

Have you ridden through arches, zions, canyonlands, dead horse point, bryce canyon?

All are great, I will let you know when we are heading out to Denver. Drop me a PM when you are getting ready to come out here, if you wanted I might meet up with you guys and show you some great rides.

·
Registered
343 Posts
You make me sick!!!!!! Awesome pics!!! :bigthumbsup:I live in lower southeast Texas where the flat lands go on as far as the eye can see. I wish i could make that trip. Have you been up to Estes Park along the Thompson River? I haven't been there since 1991 but I remember it would have made a cool bike ride.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ppridgen1 said:
Hey trouble if you shorten the flaps where they lace together like i did you can put them under therear seat and make mamma a bit mor comfy. :bigthumbsup: :doorag:
I tried it, but to keep the easy-removal feature (the zippers) out from under the seat, the right side was too close to the pipes for my liking. The black bathroom rug I put over the yoke (the laces) worked great. It has a rubber backing so it didn't slide around, and it gave the missus some additional cushion. She said it was very comfortable :) I also had them strapped to the hole just above the passenger pegs, so they weren't going anywhere :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
750 Posts
I have spent some time in Ouray Co. That to me is Gods country. Totally beautiful land in Colorado. :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Can you use those bags with the rear cowl in place too? I have heard the Core Tech ones work with cowl or pillion, I was just curious about the tour master ones.

G

·
Man, I am so jealous...I'm originally from Montana, now living in Arkansas. Anytime I see the Rockies I yearn for home. My wife is an RN and can pretty much work anywhere....I told her be prepared to move west within the next 5 years....love the bags on that bike...(the Tour Master ones that is) :evil: In the pic of you standing under the sign you look like Robbie Knievel...lol.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
OYChoppa said:
You make me sick!!!!!! Awesome pics!!! :bigthumbsup:I live in lower southeast Texas where the flat lands go on as far as the eye can see. I wish i could make that trip. Have you been up to Estes Park along the Thompson River? I haven't been there since 1991 but I remember it would have made a cool bike ride.
Yes, it is a nice ride. I haven't ridden there yet on the M but I'm sure it won't be long before we get the saddle bags out again and take off for Estes Park... and probably ride Trail Ridge Road through Rocky Mountain National Park :)

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Medic1210 said:
Can you use those bags with the rear cowl in place too? I have heard the Core Tech ones work with cowl or pillion, I was just curious about the tour master ones.
I guess you could, but you'd have to cover the cowl with something to keep from scratching it. I doubt the yoke on these bags would fit under the cowl.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Awesome Pics. I live down here in Colorado Springs and plan on riding out to the Royal Gorge and back this weekend. Bags look good.....did you use any saddlebag supports?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Man that is some nice riding country, great pics Trouble! :bigthumbsup:

Dood get that poor woman a backrest

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
jasonmay said:
Awesome Pics. I live down here in Colorado Springs and plan on riding out to the Royal Gorge and back this weekend. Bags look good.....did you use any saddlebag supports?
No, I didn't. I pushed the bags toward the tire pretty hard with my hand and couldn't get them to touch - not even close. They were both stuffed full and very rigid and strapped to bike just above the passenger pegs. Enjoy the ride :bigthumbsup: We're gonna ride Trail Ridge Road through Rocky Mountain National Park in a couple of weeks :)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts