M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since i purchased my 109 one month ago the weather in southern Illinois has been averaging around 92-102 degrees. with humidity around 65-75 percent not good for hoarsepower.. ::) But last night around 1:00 AM i was on my way home from work and i do not k now what the humidity was but it was very low and the temp was around 64 degrees and WOW!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: what a difference you can feel in this bike by the seat of you pants just from the weather..
OK carry on i was just a little excited and i can not wait until the end of September for cool dry air. :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
76 Posts
I've noticed the same thing. Mine starts hard and doesn't idle well when it very humid. In the early morning hours it runs great unfortunately my commute to work is only 3 miles.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Jay109 said:
I've noticed the same thing. Mine starts hard and doesn't idle well when it very humid. In the early morning hours it runs great unfortunately my commute to work is only 3 miles.
Mines only 5 miles... but it keeping turning into 50...lol

·
Very Active Member
5,784 Posts
JR, would a nitrous fogger work on this thing, to cool the incoming air. I know they make them for the import racers where it sprays into the air intake to cool the air. Also the Mits Evo had a sprayer that "cooled" the intercooler. i know its a different thing, but just thinking out loud, if you put a fogger in the air cleaner or the under the tank collection box.......

·
Very Active Member
5,784 Posts
JR, again, thinking out loud, and keeping in mind that I haven't actually taken the tank all the way off yet to see what's going on under there. What about making a "ram air" type set up that has an inlet at the front of the tank, where the steering head is? You know those big plastic pieces that cover the frame bwtween the radiator shroud and the tank, if those were removed, would there be clearance enough to run an intake tube back to the main collector box?

·
Registered
450 Posts
It's nice when you load it up with a full tank from the underground storage tanks to!!! :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
166 Posts
Yah, it does seem to be critical to the weather, cool nights with low humidity it does run better!
Although Everyone Knows that Blurple is Fastest

·
Registered
127 Posts
Just starting to get cool enough here in VA for me to notice, it runs better in the cool. I ride better when its cool too. :bigthumbsup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts