M109 Rider Forums banner

Wanting to see the snow and enjoy festive holidays or dying to get riding weather again?

• Winter Holidays

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Missing Falls Beauty

• Dying for Spring Riding

• Dont Care Ride Even in Snow

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im Absolutely missing the crap out of the warmer fall days and all the beauty of the leaves changing. I normally dont mind winter snow and cold days so much but since i got my 9 its KILLING me. I know its not snowing at this moment but the cold still bugs me when i ride in it.

I also just miss the warm wind slapping all over ya.....

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Yeah I know, warm weather is definitely better for riding. Especially down here in Florida.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Snow..what's that...64 degrees bright sunny South Central New Mexico... :bigthumbsup:
:evil:

Life sucks in a northern tier winter

Devilish

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
28 degrees here in Gadsden, Alabama this morning, going up (finally) into the 50s this afternoon, it has been in the 40s for days BURR, again below freezing tonight BUT then 68-70 :bigthumbsup: Thanksgiving day through Saturday (y'all can't see me but I'm dancing with a smile, a big smile :D) Family over Thurs., Golf Fri. and major riding ALL day Sat. Man, I can't wait. I hate winter, then again, if I lived up north where something fun like a snowmobile could come in handy.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I'm sorry, did someone mention snow? Is that that white stuff that falls from the sky or something like that? :joke: :D
That was mean, sorry. You should add a category to the poll that says "not applicable". :D Been riding to work 58 degrees in the morning 72-75 midday, 70 on the way home. Not looking forward to the holidays because it will take time away from riding.

·
Registered
664 Posts
I haven't stopped riding yet... Here just south of Atlanta, GA.... Rode this morning .. was about 30..... supposed to be somewhere in the 50's today... its all good.... until it gets into the teens I still ride.... (thats why i'm in georgia.. it only hits the teens every once in ahwhile)

·
Registered
76 Posts
I can't wait till warm weather either, I got home today a little early and got the bike out for about a 20 mile circle and froze to death, only about 46 degrees here. We are supposed to get some low 60 degree days for the end of the week, hopefully I can dodge work to enjoy some of it.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
I try to ride no matter what,the question was "ride in the snow".I'll ride if there's snow....just not if it's on the road or snowing.
M109lover....how does she shift?

·
Registered
422 Posts
Beautiful 90 degree day here in Perth :D Can't wait for summer to start.
Rode in to work this morning early. 65 deg blue skies riding along the coast ahhh might finish early today ;)

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
GOT ME DOWN :D NO WAY DUDE ! I just purchased a brand new 07 2500 HD CHEVY , with Duramax 6.6 and Allison 6 speed automatic transmission ,got the extra cab with short box :bigthumbsup: in Blue Granite Metallic!!! :D :bigthumbsup: :doorag: :super:

It will take more than a few cold days to bring me down thats for sure!!!
I think it will make one hell of a 109 hauler,and pull my 22 foot Key West at 3000 lbs Like its not even back there :bigthumbsup: It has a 12,000 lb pull at the Ball Hitch,and some were around 15,000+ if you want to go with the fifth wheel hook up,But I don't think I'll be Needing that :bigthumbsup:
SO LET IT SNOW :D :D :bigthumbsup: YAAA HOOOOOOO...................................

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
tworangerted said:
I try to ride no matter what,the question was "ride in the snow".I'll ride if there's snow....just not if it's on the road or snowing.
M109lover....how does she shift?
Smooooth and silky...... :D

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
M109LOVER said:
Yeah I know, warm weather is definitely better for riding. Especially down here in Florida.

Of course that is another reason for summer riding :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
355 Posts
Texas weather is up and down right now, cold at night but not bad during the day. Hoping to get a ride in tomorrow or on Thanksgiving day before the game comes on.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Northeast Pa. had 28 degrees this Tuesday, a.m. and the high hit 44! Hopefully it will be back to the mid 50's by Thanksgiving......layered cloths and leathers plus the gauntlet insulated gloves and I should be able to crack the 10k mark for this riding season :D :D :D
Just checked the thermometer, Wednesday morning and it's currently 21 degrees with a heavy frost at 1:50 a.m. :( If it hits 50 today it will be like a heat wave :D :D

·
Registered
134 Posts
The ride to work yesterday and school last night were a bit on the cold side here. Some were around 40 degrees and 50 degrees F, but I have not seen any snow yet. It did snow here in Jan. of 1977. :D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts