M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
898 Posts
OMG  :yikes:  who's are those.... I would be on those so fast your head would spin  :eek:

I was thinking exactly the same thing the other day ....DAMN those are sweet  :bigthumbsup:

Thats a definite Hayacruiser look  :2cool:

khrome

·
Registered
702 Posts
I like the exit points. System looks cool.

It looks like there may be room for a fairly large "1" section in a 2 into 1 into 2 system with the crossover section just in front of the rear wheel like where the front cylinder pipe makes the cross to the other side of the bike.. At the very least, the pipes could be closer to the same length if the pipe from the rear cylinder was the one that went around the frame and in front of the rear tire.

I don't even know if what I just said would equal a performance increase, but crossover sections mean balanced exhaust flow and equal lengths on the pipes mean more balanced flow and easier tuning too, right?

I know there are some experts on this board who will set me straight.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Put me in the "shoot it before it breeds" column.

Now a 2 into 1 ending in a stubby carbon fiber can with a fat outlet is a different story.
Basically like the supertrapp for the V rod.

·
Registered
32 Posts
But anyway we don't know how good is the sound , it's performance?

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
gotta say, those are pretty tight

·
Registered
240 Posts
I was talking aesthetics only, looks like I'll be forced to wait for the muzzy.
I was just going to use the sideburner as a temporary alternative to the stock boat anchors.

My take on what pipe will make the most power? Depends what your willing to trade but a properly designed 2 into 1 that preserves the midrange and most of the low end while still gaining a bunch up top is what I think most of us will go with.

I'm betting in a year from now if you dyno all the pipes available for the bike the muzzy will still shake down on top.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Just a reminder guys, helping is a good thing, giving proper credit to other folks work is a good thing too. It only takes a link or two.

LG

Quoted from here: http://www.rbracing-rsr.com/exhausttech.htm

This all dates from the early 1980's when Supertrapp invented a muffler designed for dirtbikes to trap potential sparks, or burning, carbonized, bits, so it could have US Forrestry Approval for off-road use. The "trapp" tells what the intended purpose was. If you wanted a "Harley" to barely work you had to stick a couple of pounds, or about 23-25 of these discs in the end of your exhaust. Of course this didn't really work, which is why they ended up putting a hole up the middle anyway. You don't tune an exhaust.

Your engine has 15 psi (1 Bar) of atmospheric pressure sitting at the inlet and another 15 psi lurking at the end of the tailpipe. The inlet stroke creates a pressure differential and the atmosphere goes rushing inward. The exhaust valve opens and there is a pressure rise in the tube followed by a strong vacuum signal as the gases head down the pipe. Note that "we" said "vacuum signal."

J R said:
supertrapp LOL ::) This all dates from the early 1980's when Supertrapp invented a muffler designed for dirtbikes to trap potential sparks, or burning, carbonized, bits, so it could have US Forrestry Approval for off-road use. The "trapp" tells what the intended purpose was. If you wanted a Bike to barely work you had to stick a couple of pounds, or about 23-25 of these discs in the end of your exhaust. Of course this didn't really work, which is why they ended up putting a hole up the middle anyway. You don't tune an exhaust.

Your engine has 15 psi (1 Bar) of atmospheric pressure sitting at the inlet and another 15 psi lurking at the end of the tailpipe. The inlet stroke creates a pressure differential and the atmosphere goes rushing inward. The exhaust valve opens and there is a pressure rise in the tube followed by a strong vacuum signal as the gases head down the pipe. Note that it said "vacuum signal."
Do you guys just read magazines or what LOL
Lamont posted these as looks.he never made claim they where light or the best performance.and most of you guys wouldn't know a good two into one if it smacked ya in the head and if you feel you do please explain it to me i believe i can stay with ya anywhere ya wanna go in the discussion........JR
Don't tell me let me guess the sideburner is THE exhaust to have :clap2: :a20:

heres some links for ya http://home.earthlink.net/~mmc1919/venturi.html

http://www.viziflow.com/

http://www.audietech.com/

And finally http://home.earthlink.net/~mmc1919/venturi_discuss_math.html

·
Registered
898 Posts
J R said:
I wish I could get my bike to sound like a TL with pipes :bigthumbsup: thats would be cool
if you do let me know....friend of mine had a tlr and i really love that vtwin thumper sound....low deep and smooth .... /drool

khrome :bigthumbsup:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts