M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have you noticed how odd the right rear chrome cover looks with aftermarket pipes? It just looks out of place. Too bad there wasn't a place that made replacement covers that would go with specific brand and style pipes.

·
Very Active Member
5,784 Posts
Have you noticed how odd the right rear chrome cover looks with aftermarket pipes? It just looks out of place. Too bad there wasn't a place that made replacement covers that would go with specific brand and style pipes.
welcome to the board. Squirrel has been making a piece for that for about 4 years now. Most people with custom pipes have it. I think it's available on DLP and other sources. There's one on my bike in my avatar

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
This cover will work with the swepts pipe as well as the raw pipe and with a little spacer modification will work with a 2 into 2 pipe as well.I also have a few in black powder coat.Gregg

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
I don't kow how this one would look with the swepts.
IMO, I don't like the cover at all... With any pipe. It looks out of place to me. I have mine the way I do, just until this winter... Then, the plasma cutter and I, have a date to make a cover that flows with the lines of the bike better than either of the option forementioned.

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
the only complaint that i have about this cover is that if you are on air ride and let it all down the mounting screw that is a the rear most of the plate hits the swing arm and bends so now when i want to take my side cover off im going to have to cut the bolt off and see if it will come back through the hole without jacking up the threads.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,141 Posts
the only complaint that i have about this cover is that if you are on air ride and let it all down the mounting screw that is a the rear most of the plate hits the swing arm and bends so now when i want to take my side cover off im going to have to cut the bolt off and see if it will come back through the hole without jacking up the threads.
I cut my bolt off shorter because of that. I don't have the air ride on anymore but it was close to the swingarm even with my 2" bones. Kind of hard to get the nut started on it with it shortened but it clears now. I stick the nut inside a box end wrench and put a piece of tape across the outer side of it to hold it while fishing it back in there.

·
Registered
547 Posts
I'm looking for a cover that has a more rounded shape that looks more like the stock one, only that fits the contour of the pipes.
Design one and have it made. Sounds like that would be your best solution.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts