M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those who missed out on a good time in Yakima! (with the exception of the weather), here is what we discussed. We want to meet every month from May until September. We planned a ride each month and are looking for feedback from the rest of you on what you think? Are you in? Other ideas? Here is the schedule so you can make plans early: May 15th Meet in Yakima or Ellensburg (canyon ride). June 12th Meet in Leavenworth. July 24th Meet in Tri-cities at the boat races. August 21st Meet at Shell station in Randall for Mt. St. Helens run. September Meet in Vegas (international ride) or Oyster run. Let us know in this thread! Times also need to be decided.

Also THANKS for those who attended the meeting; Doberman, Fletch09R, PascoPete, Zweegie, Rexman109, and Alienbuster. :p

·
Registered
249 Posts
metting

Sorry I couldnt make the trip over the pass I didnt want to chance the weather. anyway enough B.S about that. the dates look fine to me I just need some more time for it to sink in a bit. Their are some great rides up here aswell that I will be doing I will let everyone know. Im usually dont like to plan to far ahead. SORRY.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Completely understand johnny p. But for those who dont have the weekends or Sat. off, we wanted to offer a oppertunity for those to get together by throughing out some dates so they can plan ahead and give some riders the chance to make a local gathering here and there! We also understand that there will be other organized event rides in the state as well, Which we need everbodys help on that matter, to help inform all on upcoming events...
There can be other suggestions made to the schedual as well, if something is going on and it looks more do-able for the group to attend an event... to post pone and attend that event!!!
One of the key goals this year was to give the group more oppertunity's to meet each other, Ride and be informed as a whole...
Still! This takes part as a whole and not just an individual... And it's alot easier to ride with someone you know and trust.. Everbody has there own riding style and it's easyier to predict one actions if you who and how they ride!!!!!

Thank's Doberman

·
Registered
157 Posts
Completely understand johnny p. But for those who dont have the weekends or Sat. off, we wanted to offer a oppertunity for those to get together by throughing out some dates so they can plan ahead and give some riders the chance to make a local gathering here and there! We also understand that there will be other organized event rides in the state as well, Which we need everbodys help on that matter, to help inform all on upcoming events...
There can be other suggestions made to the schedual as well, if something is going on and it looks more do-able for the group to attend an event... to post pone and attend that event!!!
One of the key goals this year was to give the group more oppertunity's to meet each other, Ride and be informed as a whole...
Still! This takes part as a whole and not just an individual... And it's alot easier to ride with someone you know and trust.. Everbody has there own riding style and it's easyier to predict one actions if you who and how they ride!!!!!

Thank's Doberman
Yo Doby, After riding with you last year at the Ride for Rover, I know your style, hard and fast, some call it full throttle, all I can say is I like it. I'm in the Tri-Cities tonight and tomorrow and plan on registering for the run on Sunday the 25th. I'll be coming down from Spokane/Post Falls early Sunday. Hope to see you there again.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Yo Doby, After riding with you last year at the Ride for Rover, I know your style, hard and fast, some call it full throttle, all I can say is I like it. I'm in the Tri-Cities tonight and tomorrow and plan on registering for the run on Sunday the 25th. I'll be coming down from Spokane/Post Falls early Sunday. Hope to see you there again.
Hey Mike hows things? I have my moment's as well as the rest.. You and I had a moment, But as well, we also had control and like the oyster run there's always a sence of where the next rider is and who's being affected.. There's always a time and a place and we have shown where and when....
I think what I'm trying to say the more we ride together, the better it gets and the more we learn to have fun with each other and respect the road... Trying to build relations here MIKE and Have fun with those who share the same common bond and who are new to the forum and welcome all....

Still on the fence about Tri cities, last weekend was about the closest I wanted to go that way for a while.. Hitting rain/sleet/snow and then the clean up after, about did me in for a while... But give me a few days and here I go and I'm ready again. Call me crazy but I love my bike and the next time I even hear of the chance of snow! I'LL be there, but in different transportation...

·
Registered
612 Posts
Dave,
There's no fence to be on...the gate is open. Come on over!
Cleaning the bike after riding through icky stuff just helps find what you missed cleaning the last time...or just leave it dirty like I do with my bike! You just have to keep telling yourself, "If Cameron can ride in crappy weather all the time, so can I!"

Do I have to start begging for you guys to ride to the Tri-Cities on the 25th? Last year was a blast and it's not that often there's a huge group of 9's in this area! It's a great place, time, and reason to ride! Don't forget, the beer in the Tri-Cities is worth the ride too!(hook, line and sinker!) LOL

-Cameron C.

·
Registered
947 Posts
And don't forget about the "Burlesque Brew" (aka scantilly clad women serving up coffee) we discovered last time we rode together. It's probably what, a 30 second ride from Full Throttle? I'm going to ask my mom if she can watch my son for a few hours so I can catch this ride this year. I'll let you know.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Ride for Rover

Morning Dave, I certainly feel for you on the cleaning of the beast. With mine blacked out every little bit shows. It's a labor of love. The black shines when it is clean but...

I think it's great that you are getting us 9 ers together for rides and I totally agree getting to know every ones riding styles. Especially in group rides.

Speaking of group rides I sure would like to see a group of us in the Tri-Cities again. Today it's going to be sunny and close to 70. Last weeks storm was unusual for this time of year. I've been in contact with Claymohr out of Spokane and he's going to check his schedule to see if he can ride down with me for the Run to Rover.

So let me say this... first two rounds on me after the ride.

Did I hear someone jump off a fence? Hope so.

·
Registered
800 Posts
I thought sombody was going to be in Arizona.
And yes on the fence because after 14 years and ****ty economy/ no hiring / do more with less, I might have to go back to Graveyard with Friday/Saturday nights off. But not sure when this is all going to take place because of the whole senority thingy.... Waiting to see?????
I would love to be there so I will have to check, I also Coach my Daughters senior softball team....
O.k. If I make this RUN and miss a game!!! You all have to come over for one of our Sat. games in May sometime and support the team!!!
Biker's welcome... :pop: :beer2:

·
Registered
157 Posts
I completely understand. There is only one family and multiple runs. Just keep us posted if you can make it or not. And if you do come and miss a game, a run down south for a ball game is doable.

·
Registered
612 Posts
I'm in for supporting the team! Well worth the ride!

-Cameron C.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts