M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed a few threads of folks complaining about the paint on the 109, mainly black. My advise to ALL of you is to wash your bike and wax it immediately after you purchase. I've done that with all of my vehicles and the paint has held up rather well on every one of them. I don't want this thread to get all arguementative like others about what brand is better than the other. Most over the counter wax/polishes will work. As far as preference though. I owned a Zuki Intuder 1400 and bought it new in 1998. Sold it last year and the paint was nearly just as nice then as it was when I rode it home from the stealership. I used "Eagle One Wet Polish" after every wash. Then later I switched to "Nu Finish" which actually held up nicely on my custom R*. You can put it on chrome and paint, just don't wax any rubber. Also, NEVER wipe a bike down with a dry rag or that crappy touch up spray polish. especially if you own a black or darker colored bike/ It WILL leave hair-lined scratches in your paint. If you wash it make sure you wax it with some kind of protectant afterward, EVERY TIME! It only takes a few minutes and is well worth the extra effort. I know this is common sense stuff but some folks are may not be aware of the proper maintenance of your factory paint.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Also forgot to mention. I use a leaf blower on all of my vehicles. No water spots and water rolls off quickly every time after you wax it the first time. Invest in a leaf blower and a motorcycle jack stand. Your back WILL thank you. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Hey OYChoppa,
You said to "Never wipe a bike down with a dry rag", how do you take your polish off?
I've used a circular pad attached to a drill, or a rag. Both are dry though.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I mean't, never wipe down a dirty bike or wipe down a bike after you've just got back from even a short ride. Even if the bike looks clean it still has road dust on it that you can't see. I would suggest you use a towel to remove excess wax. You should only wipe down a "clean" bike. Man that's a no brainer.

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
OYChoppa said:
I mean't, never wipe down a dirty bike or wipe down a bike after you've just got back from even a short ride. Even if the bike looks clean it still has road dust on it that you can't see. I would suggest you use a towel to remove excess wax. You should only wipe down a "clean" bike. Man that's a no brainer.
I know not to wipe down a dirty bike with a rag. My train of thought was stuck on the whole waxing process. I thought you had some new process that involved some wet product or something.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts