M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was talking to one of the guys I ride with today and one of his harley buddy was waving to another harley rider in town and the guy moved over and hit his hand with his and broke his wrist. The other guy did stop and he was ok. I have never even heard of that befor. I know the guy with the broken wrist is new to riding.

·
Radio Active Member
27,665 Posts
Maybe the HD guys are really trying to feel the love and have decided to reach out and touch fellow riders? :joke:

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
sounds like an inexperienced rider mistake to me.

hopefully he will heal up well and not have another mishap. :bigthumbsup:

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,850 Posts
I try not to ride so close to someone coming in the opposite direction that I could reach out and touch them. Heck, with the width of our bars we would probably whack them first.

I know when I wave it's just a drop the hand down wave, not stick it out and wave like you just found an old friend. :D

·
Registered
634 Posts
Box

I heard of a guy from Sydney, who was riding along and saw a cardboard box on the roadway. As he approached it, temptation got the better of him, and as he rode by he kicked it. That turned out to be a very bad decision....as inside the box was a new microwave oven. Apparently he smashed his foot, got multiple breaks in his lower leg and other injuries ... as the incident caused him to crash his bike as well.

Clearly there are bike riders too, trying their best to get nominated for the Darwin Awards. :joke: ... Like one of our Australian riders shown in the pic below....He was spotted doing 60mph on the Princess Freeway, carrying a full sized barbeque to a party, on Australia Day 2010.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Like one of our Australian riders shown in the pic below....He was spotted doing 60mph on the Princess Freeway, carrying a full sized barbeque to a party, on Australia Day 2010.
HOLY CRAP!:D

·
Registered
16,260 Posts
I try not to ride so close to someone coming in the opposite direction that I could reach out and touch them. Heck, with the width of our bars we would probably whack them first.

I know when I wave it's just a drop the hand down wave, not stick it out and wave like you just found an old friend. :D
Yup, same here!!

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
I heard of a guy from Sydney, who was riding along and saw a cardboard box on the roadway. As he approached it, temptation got the better of him, and as he rode by he kicked it. That turned out to be a very bad decision....as inside the box was a new microwave oven. Apparently he smashed his foot, got multiple breaks in his lower leg and other injuries ... as the incident caused him to crash his bike as well.

Clearly there are bike riders too, trying their best to get nominated for the Darwin Awards. :joke: ... Like one of our Australian riders shown in the pic below....He was spotted doing 60mph on the Princess Freeway, carrying a full sized barbeque to a party, on Australia Day 2010.
Similar story
My mother saw a box in the road and had the temptation to run it over but decided not to. As she passed it and looked in her mirror a small child popped his head out of the box!:yikes:

·
Registered
976 Posts
I went down waving at someone in stop and go traffic. The traffic stopped while I was going....

Now I only wave one country roads when it is clear, and never on freeways.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts