M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!

I just bought a SUZUKI Intruder M1800R over here in germany and I am pretty sure that it is the same bike as your M109R.
But I am not absolutely sure if there are some smaller differences, mainly the reflectors on the sides (other laws in europe?).
Well, nevertheless it has a catalysator, 125 hp and kickass 160 Nms.
Unfortunately we only can get it in black over here.
Suzuki only allowed 800 pieces for selling in germany :mad:

Can anyone tell if there are significant differences between those models?
I have the impression, that the headlight is a bit different too...???

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thought so.
But I will add another piccy to show the side designator:

·
Registered
422 Posts
Gumnut said:
You Euro guys are still with the Metrics.... Here in Aussie we're getting the cubic inch M109r designation.
Yeah I can't figure that out in Aussie we rate everything in cc's and then Suzuki release our bike as the 109?

Been trying to get a set of those M1800R badges from UK members but no luck so far

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
looks just like mine...Black only is a good thing takes out the guess work on which color to choose. At least Suzuki gave you the best color Enjoy

·
Registered
593 Posts
I know the diff between the bikes, its the plate. Dude is that a cookie sheet or a liscense plate out back. Holy crap that things friggin huge.

·
Registered
36 Posts
The M1800R is just the European designator for the M109R.

In the States they get to have sill great reflectors stuck to them,just in case you can't see the bloody thing coming.

But in Europe we get the FULL POWER version. :bigthumbsup:

Hopefully pick mine up later today. :D

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Electricz28: I know the diff between the bikes, its the plate. Dude is that a cookie sheet or a liscense plate out back. Holy crap that things friggin huge.
Yeah, it is huge. But unfortunately I can do nothing about it, because it is the law over here.

Manny Fagnet: But in Europe we get the FULL POWER version.
I have heard several rumours and read some test articles that claimed the US Version is less powerful than the european version, because the exhaust/emission laws are more stringent in the US. That is why the US version is more "muffled" and thereby is said to have less hp.
Opinions vary alot about that theme and many people claim many things.

I am not sure about it, but it must be possible to get some info from Suzuki if that is correct.

Some people say US version only has 109 hp, while the european version has 125 hp.

Anyone able to clear that up?

·
Registered
422 Posts
Dickschiff said:
Some people say US version only has 109 hp, while the european version has 125 hp.

Anyone able to clear that up?
Maybe that's why Europe and Aust/NZ only get black because it's faster due to the extra 16hp :joke:

I've heard that too from a guy at Suzuki Aust but assumed it was the California model with the lower power.
Be interested to find out but if dyno runs are getting low 100's at the wheel then I assume they're putting out more than 109hp

·
Registered
296 Posts
Seems they are all the same as far as power goes.....US models seem to be putting down 104-108 rear wheel horsepower from the four or five stock dyno runs I have seen posted. This is just about right considering Suzuki claims 127hp at the crank and the bike has shaft drive (bit more loss than a chain or belt).

1 - 20 of 23 Posts