M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to let everyone know of a potential problem with the Kuryakyn Switchblade Pegs. on a recent ride I was attempting to pull out one of the blades to rest my foot. The blade fell apart under me. I was able to retrieve the parts and went on my way. When I returned home I was able to put the pivot bolt back in and refasten the blade to the peg.

I checked the other peg and found that the pivot bolt (hex bolt) where the blade attaches to the peg was very loose and about to let go as well. It appears that these bolts are loosing up from vibration. So I took both apart again and put lock tite on the Hex bolt. ** be careful if you take apart the blade from the peg to put lock tite on this bolt there is a small ball bearing in there that helps the blade snap open and closed, it will fall out if your not careful and roll away on you. (don't ask me how I know this but it took me an hour to find that little bastard)

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
walker_mufc said:
i have the switchblades. i checked them and still snug. should i loosen and put locktite just to make sure?
I would just to be on the safe side

·
Registered
443 Posts
lostrider, thanks for the heads-up! I have the same pegs. So far, no problems. I will Locktite them though. Aussie109, that's funnier than :edit:!! :bigthumbsup: :clap2:. Gotta try it! :D

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yea boys I would locktite them for sure. They will loosen up sooner or later. Like Lamont said Vtwins vibrate and that my friend will loosen everything including our teeth ....

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Lamonster said:
V-twins will loosen up the darndest things. :confused: Locktight is your best friend. :doorag:
Amen on that :bigthumbsup: :p

·
Registered
37 Posts
I've been planning on ordering a set of switchblades this weekend, so I'm grateful for the heads-up on this issue. I'll make sure to loc-tite them first thing.

Slightly off topic, how to those of you with switchblades like them so far? Do they drag sooner/later than stock pegs? Is the back part of the blade when opened really enough to give support to your heel? They sure look cool in the pictures, and the idea is great.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
the JSD mod was probably responsible for your switchblades falling apart.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts