M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
was over in the V4 forum the other day and the M109R came up in chat..Lots of V65 guys waiting to hook up with the 109. I had a V65 and it is a fast bike but those guys are something
else they beat ZX12 Ninja's, Busa's and just about everything else on the road..to hear them
tell it..Just proud of their bikes I suppose.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Post a link to the forum you are referring to...I had a Vmax and still own a Suzuki 1200 Madura and would love to see the stories they are telling.

For the record, I've run 12.10 at 112 on my Madura and 11.34 at 121 on my Max.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I still say someone should build a 250/ 300 horse ,2000cc ,V4,under 600 lbs, with a tall redline I'd buy that in a heartbeat if it still looked like a cruiser. I thought I pulled a 126 mph on my V65 in 83 .11 something if I remember correctly.
Dave

·
Registered
326 Posts
J R said:
The old V-65,s aint no slouch.
I always thought they were way overrated, we use to beat 'em like government mules on the street.

·
Registered
379 Posts
I just finished breaking in my M109R today and jumped all over it for the first time. It is without a dought the fastest Vtwin I've ever ridden. (I'm cleaning my shorts right after this post). However I also used to own a V65 Sabre and trust me when I say that the V65 was definately quicker. But I still love my M109R.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Since the RSW "Warrior" board is showing no interest, I thought I'd check here to see if anyone is up for a day of heads up drag racing at E Town raceway in Jersey. I'm planning on going within the next 3 weeks and if I'll be up against the M109, I'll be bringing my 85' Suzuki 1200 Madura since my 06' Warrior would be outgunned in this crowd:)

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Gosh, I cant believe how many former & current owners of 1200 Madura are on this board! I too have a 1200 Madura and it is a rare occurence to even see one arround these parts. :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :bigthumbsup: :doorag:

·
Registered
543 Posts
I always thought they were way overrated, we use to beat 'em like government mules on the street.
Posted on: June 25, 2006, 06:57:16 PMPosted by: man00
What did you drive then,they were the fastest production bike out at the time? Sound like BS to me.

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
Yeah, my ZRX 1100 (slightly modified) will smoke a V65 any day. But there is something about the way the 109 motivates you down the road. I never thought my ZRX 1100's power was peaky but after I get off the 109 and get on it I feel like I am rowing the gearbox to get her to go. Kinda like having a faster small block but a fast big block, wailing or thunder?  

·
Registered
752 Posts
No doubt on that Honda thing. They dropped the XX and then the busa came and then they just tucked and ran.

The V65, the CBR 900 and the XX were all class leaders but for the past 7 years they haven't seemed to care.

It's like the Busa and then the GSX-R 750 took all the wind out of em.

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Honda is making their money with 600cc sportbikes and VTX flavors right now.

Why change when you don't have too.... Money is money...

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Windog said:
Posted on: June 25, 2006, 06:57:16 PMPosted by: man00
What did you drive then,they were the fastest production bike out at the time? Sound like BS to me.
I didn't post that quote????????

1 - 14 of 14 Posts