M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,149 Posts
My wife told me about that as soon as I got home this evening, and I found it pretty easily on the internet. Some reports list 5 being dead, others 3. And some say 8 bikes involved and others say 10 bikes. Either way, it's a tragedy.

How can you not see 8 or 10 bikes stopped in front of you, and end up dragging them for 50 to 75 YARDS after hitting them? Something else was going on here. I pray for the families of those involved, and I doubt there was much of a way they could have gotten out of this no matter how well prepared they were.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
We had this one on March 3rd. The police traced out the rider and the bike on the interstate.I have to drive over the location almost daily.

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2010/03/motorcyclist_killed_in_wreck_o.html

http://www.actionnews17.com/News/ta...n-I-10-wreck-in-Slidell-midday-Wednesday.aspx

As a follow up to this the guy was a Firefighter. He was going to get his bike serviced and was at the exit.It was his first time to go to this location for service and the police believe he just realized he was at the exit and was going to miss it and swerved over in front of the semi.

There were some extremely graphic pictures posted that were removed from the first link Thank God. It was awful.

Prayers go out to all in these tragedies.

Be safe and always be aware of your surroundings.

·
Banned
408 Posts
This accident really makes me consider hanging up my helmet. NOBODY cares how they drive anymore and think it's a joke. Just yesterday while I was driving I witnessed a SUV driver blow right thru a stop sign directly in front of me, didn't even hit their brakes. It was the same stop sign that a 17 yr old girl blew 2 months ago and ran into my car. The sign is clear to see and not obstructed, drivers just don't care & not paying attention. I think many have the mentality of: "If a cop doesn't see me do it then its legal" How the hell can you not see several motorcycles stopped at a light in the early afternoon? I'll bet the driver was texting.

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
Backoff XP installed and I try to split the lane to get in front. I always try to stay to one side of the lane or the other. I had a guy stop to my right once at a light. I guess he hadn't noticed the traffic was stopped in front of him and needed the extra car length to stop. If I hadn't stopped in the left portion of the lane he would have hit me.

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
This accident really makes me consider hanging up my helmet. NOBODY cares how they drive anymore and think it's a joke. Just yesterday while I was driving I witnessed a SUV driver blow right thru a stop sign directly in front of me, didn't even hit their brakes. It was the same stop sign that a 17 yr old girl blew 2 months ago and ran into my car. The sign is clear to see and not obstructed, drivers just don't care & not paying attention. I think many have the mentality of: "If a cop doesn't see me do it then its legal" How the hell can you not see several motorcycles stopped at a light in the early afternoon? I'll bet the driver was texting.
I'd like to put a bullet through these idiots heads who insist on yacking, or in any way fukcing around with a cell phone while they're driving. I don't know why people think it's time to get on the phone while they're driving. I also don't understand why they haven't been banned everywhere and why the laws aren't enforce where they have been banned. Distracted cell phone users continue to kill people and yet nothing is being done about it :verymad:

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
I'd like to put a bullet through these idiots heads who insist on yacking, or in any way fukcing around with a cell phone while they're driving. I don't know why people think it's time to get on the phone while they're driving. I also don't understand why they haven't been banned everywhere and why the laws aren't enforce where they have been banned. Distracted cell phone users continue to kill people and yet nothing is being done about it :verymad:
I really don't understand with the fact that most phones have GPS or CBPD network for location purpose why they just can't deactivate the handset when you reach 5MPH no text and talk capability. It would be pretty easy to implement it. Hell I can't enter map locations on my Dodge Magnum when I am rolling the LCD just grays out till I stop.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts