M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm on the move again I'll be in marysville Washington Oct 14-15th haven't decided yet if I'm going to take my bike right away but will be in Washington for about a year for sure and will bring my bike at some point. Up for a rain ride ;) give me a ping. By the way I'm female so if you have a wife and or girlfriend please please clear it with them first. I'm safe but sometimes its best if they come with ya, cuts back on drama ;)

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
I am in the Marysville area. About 10 miles North. I have a friend who builds Harleys in the Puyallup/ Tacoma area. He said someone showed him the 109 at his local watering hole and he gave a big thumbs up. I just finished a job building a Circuit City and Linens and Things at the South Hill Mall, wish I knew you were there then....could have admired each others 9's. I never see any 9's on the road. I am building a Mini-Mall in Kirkland now.
  Hey Firecat..maybe I'll see ya on the road!!!! What are you doing in Marysville, if you don't mind me asking.  P.S. married male.......

·
Registered
147 Posts
I'm in Anacortes. I was at the Oyster Run last weekend. I saw only 3 other 109's. They are cool and rare!!!!

BillyD

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm an NCE for cisco and I'm going to be MSN's new dedicated tech support, I'm moving to Marysville because that is where I grew up and my mom and dad live in Marysville :) in short I'm looking for a free dinner just 5miles down the road and someone that will go fishing, hiking and hunting with me :bigthumbsup: also my dad has a full garage and a great mind I'm hoping I'll get him into bikes and he can help me with a few mod's to the bike that I've been thinking of. When there is no men around DAD's are the BEST!!!! :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:

O Ya and the side note, my job really really thinks it would be nice if I moved to the same state as the customer I'm going to support ;). I'm guessing I'll be back in Colorado or North Carolina in the spring but I'll be in Washington for at least 6mo.

·
Registered
88 Posts
It just so happens I live here in Marysville Wa. :bigthumbsup:
Anytime your up for a riding buddy, I live near Smokey Point.
P.S., I'm just looking for someone to ridewith that wants to ride, instead of carving up the road. All my friends have crotch rockets, so, I feel like the slow one out of the bunch.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Too Cool!!!!! Smokey Point is my exit too. I have five acres out on Lake Goodwin. We will have to meetup for a ride. Firecat, My wife is a little afraid of getting a 109. She wants to get the 50 or the 90. Maybe we WILL have to feed you a free dinner so you can explain to her how handleable it is, from a female point of view. She used to ride a 750 15 years ago. She is 5'10" and 155 or so. A commercial constuction journeyman wireman who I met when we were building pipelines at 100 below in Alaska. Needless to say....she is strong enough...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
heck I'll even let her ride it, this bike is a snap to ride. If I can ride it anyone can ;) I'd love to meet her and I'll tell her how this bike was made for us :) all the power, all the movement and no fighting with the top heavy weight, the 50 and 90 I finder a lot harder to ride. I'm not as strong as your wife I can grantee that so I should be able to talk her into it. :D

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Thanks Firecat!!!!
Congrats on winning the 1" risers! Must have been a good story!
Now I have to explain that we met on this board while I was at work....she thinks I am way too busy for anything like this...
At this part of the job, I am monitoring this board a lot!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Wow! I just sold my last house in Granite Falls to be closer to the Mother In Law! (Don't ask)
I live in town in a smaller house but it's closer to everything we do, and without the 45 minute commute back and forth! I hve to work through the weekends but I am definitely up for the 24 hour flu :beer3:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
maybe I can get her into this too :)

I'm very aware I look like a dork and I shouldn't have the tank bag :redfaced:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey Hollywood, I'm in Burien area, just north of the airport. Haven't seen many 109's on the roads, but would like to ride sometime. Just put up a flyer when you got some time, and maybe we could hook up, and maybe with some other 109'ers.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Don't feel bad eo1...I bought a house over a house so my mother in law could live downstairs till she got on her feet here in WA......two and a half years ago,,,,,,

·
Registered
88 Posts
We moved closer to the mother in law so she can help my wife care for our soon to be baby. That and mom cooks some of the best food I ever tasted, just don't tell my real mother :eek:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hey Billy, my wife and I were also. I was parked in the Mickey D's parking lot. Could you believe how many bikes were there? Some of the trikes were pretty cool, and some of the choppers.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
WA109 said:
Thanks Firecat!!!!
Congrats on winning the 1" risers! Must have been a good story!
Now I have to explain that we met on this board while I was at work....she thinks I am way too busy for anything like this...
At this part of the job, I am monitoring this board a lot!
O by the way thanks WA109 I had no idea I won, I never put in a story. Look at me I'm a woman do you really think I'd admit the bike is to big for me ;) not in a million years.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
  Man don't I know it!!! I live with my wife, two or three daughters ( depending on the 19 yr. olds status any given day,) and my mother in law.......I wonder if any one else knows how it feels never being right???!!!Â
I should have had one of the boys last instead of both first. They even fixed the dog and the cat, now they are looking at the 9 month old colt and thinking he is due for his " treatment" .

By the way Firecat, I hope you don't mind but I am going to print those pictures and show them to my wife.....They are HOT! You look FAR FROM A DORK!!! You look great on that bike!!!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts