M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So.. i have been out enjoying the sun and cruising around town... lots of bikes out and everyone waves to each other all the time.

On a 2 lane street that pretty much cuts through town i come up on a group of bikes stopped at the red light all in 1 lane and i am in the other. They are all harleys... a few obviously have had some money put into them so i was checking them out. As i said "Looks awsome, love the custom paint" to one of the guys the guy in the front on the sporty says...you should... it's not a jap junk like yours. Now when the light goes green this guy on the sporty lays over his tank and cracks on it... i jump on mine and after hitting 2nd gear i 1 hand it up along side of him while he is still on his. He looks into his mirror to see where i was and had a very surprised look on his face to see me right on side of him with 1 hand on the bars and one on my leg. All i did was smile at him and maybe throw him a little wink. At the next red light he called me a few choice words while i laughed and even one of his friends said nice bike to me after that. Question is....should i have let him just take off and ride with the guys on the nice bikes or did i do the right thing by showing him up in front of his friends? I personally thought it was real funny... but i am also not one to judge someone by what they ride... as long as your face is in the wind i will throw you a wave and a smile.

G

·
Have run into a few of those types here in OBX...getting tired of wasting my gas showing them their bikes are far inferior power wise.....don't get me wrong...I'd LOVE a streetglide....but right now I just want my raw power and well...this bike is where it is factory out of the box.....don't need to spend another 10-20 grand to get to where I am now....when I'm ready to put the power hungry demon away....I'll chill with my feet up in the air relaxing while I cruze with tunes jamin and ride a streetglide..till then :doorag:

·
Registered
453 Posts
Are you wrong, absolutely not. Good thing you rolled up along side him, if you hadn't it would have reinforced his attitude about Harley's and Metric's. The fact that he's still using the term 'jap' says it all.

Some times these knuckle draggers need to learn a lesson or two. :)
My signature picture is not about the name brand, but about the attitude of the rider on it. Inevitably he/she is always riding a Harley.

Way to blow him out of the water Feelo.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
You did exactly what you should have done. Instead of blowing by him and just leaving him there to talk crap, you stayed with him after catching up way to easily and I am sure that chapped his arse even worse. Grown up response to a juvenile provocation. Way to go!:evil:

·
Registered
401 Posts
I think you did the right thing just because he has a Harley doesn't making him better than you. But I'm sure you could have embarrassed him a lot more than what you did. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
I would hate to be him when his buddys get done hammering him about getting crapped on by jap crap. Nice touch one handed. Then polite. Way Cool.

·
Registered
57 Posts
The majority of Harley riders are motorcycle enthusiasts who can appreciate different bikes Unfortunately there are still a large number of knuckleheads who continue to believe that if it ain't Harley it's crap. Idiots! The only reasons I would consider a Harley is for the service, accessories and merchandise. The reality is that there is nothing that Harley offers that I would buy regardless of price.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I would hate to be him when his buddys get done hammering him about getting crapped on by jap crap. Nice touch one handed. Then polite. Way Cool.

Just trying to get by one day at a time.
John 3-16 USMC Med Evac Door Gunner Tet 68
Patriot Guard Rider. Raw Black Shorty, GIPro,Cobra Fi2000r, Custom Intake Mod.Corbin Beatle Bags,seats and Fairing.
Noticed your sig and I just wanted to thank you for your service to our country. I joined PGR and started riding missions this past year. Every funeral we go to chokes me up. Thanks again!

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
Depends on how big of a guy you are???

But I might of said...
"How's that Bankruptcy and government bailout going??? I talked to Japan (Where your bike's really made) and they said that they would pay their employees less so HD could profit, and not have to lower the price for the suckers in the US. Congrats..."

But be prepared for an ass whoopin';) 'course since even an M90 can outrun a Harley, then I'd just stay in front and keep him out of reach right behind me...:evil:

·
Registered
127 Posts
Nice work!

I had a snobby Jaguar XK driver giggle at my bike at a light, and then pin it... Thought I would show him how fast $10k can go compared to $80k... he seemed quite embarassed at the next light that a bike beat his Jag.

Douche bag...

1 - 20 of 30 Posts