M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was looking at a Yamaha Warior parked at the side of the road yesterday.
I noticed the aircleaner cover looks really cool and suits the bike.
Got to thinking a couple of these Yamaha units would look pretty good on the 109.
Would that work? I assume two of them would flow enough air.

·
Registered
426 Posts
In Chuck's defense, how people know what the Warrior's air cleaner looks like off the top of their heads? It was your idea, you do the photoshop. People don't mind giving their 2 cents, but you should probably do the homework. Although I agree about the smiley things, they get old.
Show us some pics, you could be onto something. That's how the cool 109 mods begin...

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was onto it and was modifying my post as you added yours ;).
I originally posted as I was off to work and just floated the idea initially.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Aussie109 said:
I was onto it and was modifying my post.
I originally posted as I was off to work and just floated the idea initially.
Exchange rate sucks, eh? ::)

Hehehe...I've only seen one warrior on the road that I recall..coming back from Washington from the RFTW ride & Rolling Thunder....Seen him gaining behind me......so I let him take the lead...and then followed him for about half an hour before he pulled off the interstate. That was a sweet looking ride.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Aussie109 said:
I really wish Lamonster could remove that smiley option
I love that smiley.

·
Registered
133 Posts
olny bad thing about that scoop is its not symetrical, meaning you cant put it on both sides of the bike without it looking a bit "off"....the speedstar scoop would look pretty cool though, and they are made for right and left sides....

·
Registered
13 Posts
Just so you guys know that is not used to bring air in, so in would take a ton of work to convert it into a air scoop .That is a cover for misc parts.

·
Registered
133 Posts
correct, it is used to cover the fuel quick disconnect and some electrical. But if you are running stacks would still work to funnel air under the tank. at any rate with the talent that is on this board i bet someone would come up with somthing!

2fst4u said:
Just so you guys know that is not used to bring air in, so in would take a ton of work to convert it into a air scoop .That is a cover for misc parts.

·
Registered
516 Posts
2fst4u said:
True, when I learned that the V-Max's scoops were NOT functional but rather housed the horns, I was hella dissapointed.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts