M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need some help. I am considering buying a new 9. I will want to put a new exhaust, K&N's and a fuel management as soon as possible. Does anyone know if that would/could void my warranty?

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
I have all that, and my Suzuki dealership, which My buddy owns, so I would tend to belive him, when he says, all can be done without any problem. PS keep all stock stuff, So if any thing happens you might put any stock mods back on, or disconnect mods just to be safe. although he said tre and rev limiters mods are a no no, when bringing the bike in for motor warranty work

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
if you purchase it new, I wouldnt touch it until that fabulous warranty that is provides expires.
However if you purchase a used bike, look around here for bikes being sold, alot of them already have mods, or if the dont you can usually get a good deal, then the money you save buying used for the mods you want..:bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
503 Posts
Ask the guy at the place you are buying it from. Most will say yes it is covered as long as they do the install.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Great Point

Most will say yes it is covered as long as they do the install

I asked this question today and was told that there is no issues as long as the dealer installs or it is done by someone they recommend. Also note that if the dealer orders the parts they too are covered as well as work done on them so if something breaks or goes wrong then you have the option of taking it back to dealer.

·
Radio Active Member
27,687 Posts
It all depends on the dealer. But if the factory rep comes by to look at it, I would switch back to stock before he/she arrives.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It all depends on the dealer. But if the factory rep comes by to look at it, I would switch back to stock before he/she arrives.
I just talk to some people in the 'know' and they stated the exact same thing. Switch it back if its major warranty work.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Unless you get it in writing from the manager/service manager, then you can safely assume anything you do will void your warranty. Also remember you are in Canada, like me, so don't assume that what would "fly" down south would fly with Suzuki Canada. Two different entities. Play it safe..assume the worst and make sure that thing is "stock" whenever you take it in for service. Hell, it's only a year anyways.:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well, like most on here....warranty work usually means asking someone on here for advice.
1 year warranty is next to useless, but never say never.
Has anyone had major issues in the first year(for warranty)?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts