M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are we suppose to have received a warranty card? I purchased the extended warranty from Suzuki when I purchased my bike but have not received anything. Is it just associated with the VIN where the dealer would just put the vin in the system and the warranty would pop up or do I need a card?

Thanks,

Keith

·
Registered
665 Posts
When you got it,you should have recieved a copy of the contract,with the rest of your paper work.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
RONS is correct :bigthumbsup: I got the Extended warranty with Both my 06 GSXR and My 07 109 and I had it in my hand when I left the dealership :bigthumbsup: :doorag:

·
Registered
134 Posts
I got paper with the contract for the extended warranty, but I have not received any card. Bought mine in May.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
8 to 10 :eek: Bull CA CA :D I had my title in two weeks and my copy of the Extended warrenty when i left the dealer,we must be faster down here :D
thats no joke I had the title to both my bike inside of two weeks 8 to 10 weeks :eek: :doorag: some places just take longer i guess ::) later silentrider

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
I didn't even know about no card till they brought it up! they gave me a 4 page copy of my extended warranty,and i put it in the motorcycle file :bigthumbsup: maybe they do it different I doh now :confused: later silentrider

Same thing on my last bike!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Similar story,I bought the extended warranty but till this date have not received any documents to prove that I have an extended warranty, hope the VIN is sufficient to get any warranty work done.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I actually did get a card today for my extended warranty. From some place called Star Sport.. Don't know if thats the factory extended or not, but thats what I gots now.

·
Registered
134 Posts
bought my 109 in May, and just got the warrenty card in the mail last week in October. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
6,343 Posts
I bought a C50, then 3 months later the 109... I purchased the warranty on both bikes and have the card for the 109, never received it for the C50.

Matter of fact, I need to call about that!

·
Registered
183 Posts
If you want to know if you really do have the extended warranty, just call Suzuki Customer Service and they can check their computer system to see wether or not your dealer processed your extended warranty paperwork or not. They can tell you your contract number . Every dealer knows how to access Suzuki's computer system to look up your warranty info., that's why, Suzuki informed me, that they aren't sending out warranty cards. They are saving money. That's makes sense.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I actually got a card last week from Suzuki. The problem was it had the wrong last name..... Called them up and according to Suzuki, a bunch of cards were printed that got screwed up so they are re-doing them. I was also told that even though it is the wrong last name, it would work the same.

Thanks,

Keith

·
Registered
350 Posts
I've had seven Honda's in the last seven years and still have five of them. Never purchased the extended warranty on any of them and haven't needed one yet. The M is my first Suzuki bike. Any reason to think I might need it on the 109? I thought I'd wait six months or so and see what kind of problems might crop up on this forum. It's been three months now and I've only read of maybe two bikes that may have a real problem.

·
Registered
6,343 Posts
I did it for the same reason as ITGuy... 1st year for any new design is likely to have bugs...

On the C50 I got them to throw it in as a deal closer so it was free :D

But then again, thats the one I haven't received the card on... so I may have been duped!! (Good thing I have the paperwork for the warranty)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts