M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was out riding today thank god i wasnt pulling my trailer. i hit some big bumps and heard a big bang and when i looked back i seen my hitch for pulling my trailer bouncing down the road . pulled over right away and went to pick it up not beliving what just happen. luckly i was riding through the town were i work so i just droped it off there and went home to see just what happen. it looks like the small bolt on the bottom of the piece that bolts to the bike and then the hitch slids into this piece i must have over tightend it and it cracked the tube on both sides of hitch right were this bolt tightens the hitch down so there is no play when the hitch is bolted in place . if you have this hitch you will know what im talking about. just wanted to give a heads up to any one who has this hitch to take a good look at it before you pull your trailer the next time. not sure how i can fix to pull my trailer again kinda scared too right now anyway after this happend. any one wanna buy a trailer. ill try to post some pics tomorrow night of how it looks after it broke

·
Registered
126 Posts
i was out riding today thank god i wasnt pulling my trailer. i hit some big bumps and heard a big bang and when i looked back i seen my hitch for pulling my trailer bouncing down the road . pulled over right away and went to pick it up not beliving what just happen. luckly i was riding through the town were i work so i just droped it off there and went home to see just what happen. it looks like the small bolt on the bottom of the piece that bolts to the bike and then the hitch slids into this piece i must have over tightend it and it cracked the tube on both sides of hitch right were this bolt tightens the hitch down so there is no play when the hitch is bolted in place . if you have this hitch you will know what im talking about. just wanted to give a heads up to any one who has this hitch to take a good look at it before you pull your trailer the next time. not sure how i can fix to pull my trailer again kinda scared too right now anyway after this happend. any one wanna buy a trailer. ill try to post some pics tomorrow night of how it looks after it broke
Would like to see the pic's - I got the hitch over the winter, trailer comes in a week (Uni-Go) don't want to lose this one $$$$$ - headed for west slope (Rockies) late June, Vegas in August.

Are you talking about the mounting tubes that mount to the frame?

Again, pic's when you can would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no its the tube or hitch part that the ball is bolted to and then this tube slides into the tube that is bolted to the bike. right were the two bolts are that hold the tube with the ball on it and then there is another small bolt under that tube that you thighten up to take the slack ouy of hitch tube is were mine broke so there was nothing holding it in place so it just fell out when i hit the bump . hope this helps ya out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts