M109 Riders banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Believe it or not, I actually had purchased a set of the Q5 Intakes several years ago. I never installed them, and sent them back to MeanCycles, because I didn't like the fact that they're not symmetrical on both sides, as one side is positioned more forward than the other. I know that might sound a bit petty, but I'm real big on esthetics, and everything being balanced and aligned almost perfect, if not exactly perfect. I absolutely love the looks of the Q5s, but that one thing was just a huge eyesore for me.
BCS is the man! Now I want his new flash . I just swapped out my VPR for the Revo 6". Not sure if that effects anything.
My Q5 seem symmetrical. Are you sure you put them together correctly ? There a few different variations on the install.

·
Registered
269 Posts
cycle house q5 intakes are pretty badass. just put those on my 2018 BOSS.
Believe it or not, I actually had purchased a set of the Q5 Intakes several years ago. I never installed them, and sent them back to MeanCycles, because I didn't like the fact that they're not symmetrical on both sides, as one side is positioned more forward than the other. I know that might sound a bit petty, but I'm real big on esthetics, and everything being balanced and aligned almost perfect, if not exactly perfect. I absolutely love the looks of the Q5s, but that one thing was just a huge eyesore for me.
I even double checked with the cropping tool. They're exactly even. If the bike was here with me I'd take a better pic for you.

20201213_113536_HDR~3_1611790270408.jpg

·
Registered
108 Posts
ive taken pics of mine from both sides and the right side intake does mount farther forward than the left. just my 2 cents. barely noticeable though. not enough to sway me from buying em.

·
Registered
5,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I even double checked with the cropping tool. They're exactly even. If the bike was here with me I'd take a better pic for you.

View attachment 390308
Not to discredit you Bro, but you must be measuring from a different perspective other than the forward most point of each Intake to each respective side of the Radiator Shroud. Additionally, if you're sitting on the bike, you can look down at each Intake, and visibly see the right side Intake is more forward than the left side Intake.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Not to discredit you Bro, but you must be measuring from a different perspective other than the forward most point of each Intake to each respective side of the Radiator Shroud. Additionally, if you're sitting on the bike, you can look down at each Intake, and visibly see the right side Intake is more forward than the left side Intake.
You just had to put this out to my universe! Now I'm going to be checking when I get my bike back and it will probably drive me crazy lol 😂😂

·
Registered
5,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
You just had to put this out to my universe! Now I'm going to be checking when I get my bike back and it will probably drive me crazy lol 😂😂
I'm sorry Bro. That was not my intent. The M109R looks AMAZING with the Q5s installed, and I really loved the look. I was just so darned picky that I couldn't stand the reality of looking at them being offset on each that I sent my Q5s back to MeanCycles the next day. That was over 11 years ago. Your bike looks GREAT Bro. Don't pay any attention to my OCD outlook.😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

21 - 27 of 27 Posts